OK --joking apart- what should I be hoarding?

B3B3 Posts: 9,764
I don't fancy hormone enhanced beef from America, I like my lurpak , a lot of seeds come from Holland. Then there's parmesan.

In London. Keen but lazy.

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,500
    aspirin?
    It's hard to love, there's so much to hate
    Hanging on to hope when there is no hope to speak of
  • B3B3 Posts: 9,764
    Noted
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,795
    What's wrong with British butter?  and British bacon, eggs, beef, lamb, poultry?   Mature Cheddar instead of Parmesan?  Get some seeds while you can in case prices for salads and toms and stuff go through the roof.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 907
    We managed very well in Britain in the past from my memory of it. We didn't eat anything processed, we imported from NZ and other Commonwealth countries, had butter and milk from our own cows, and lovely freshly baked bread right out of the oven from local bakers.

Why would I hoard anything? We can manage perfectly well if only people grew their own, and learned how to cook from scratch. That would involve avoiding imported beef and chicken from America of course.
    SW Scotland
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,081
    Nissans.
    We managed very well in Britain in the past from my memory of it. We didn't eat anything processed, we imported from NZ and other Commonwealth countries, had butter and milk from our own cows, and lovely freshly baked bread right out of the oven from local bakers.

And we now have 30% fewer cows, 80% fewer farm workers and a lot fewer local bakeries
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,510
    Tinned tomatoes and pasta
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

edited 4 February
    Tinned tomatoes? I think they're all Italian. 

ETA - snap Dove  :)
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,518
    I did my grocery shopping today and was all was British except the tea and dried mango!
    Have a couple of extra tins of soup and corned beef stashed but really don't think there is going to be quite the shortages most people envisage!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,795
    Exactly RG.  Might be difficult to get soon.

Always best to buy local and fresh if you can but not easy for the cash poor and those with no cooking skills.  The two often go hand in hand unfortunately.   
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw