Forum home Plants

Astrantias

who is the best online supplier of astrantia plants?
«1

Posts

  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,878
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

  • Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,964
    edited February 2019
    Not sure of the best online supplier , but your two links look good Lyn !
    Daniel , if you ever get the opportunity to acquire Astrantia major 'Sunningdale Variegated' , I can highly recommend it !
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,345
    https://www.woottensplants.com/plant-shop-category/plantlist/astrantia/

    stock several choice astrantias and are a very reputable nursery with an efficient online service. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh







  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 8,507
    Astrantia Roma is one to look out for. The plant is sterile (so doesn't produce seeds) the upshot is that unlike most astrantias it just keeps on flowering rather than setting seed and stop flowering
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,878
    edited February 2019
    I’ve just had my Parker’s sale order delivered, the pack of Alstromera that I paid £5.39 for a pack of 5, actually had 6 in the bag. 

    oops   Wrong thread, we’re talking astantias here😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,121
    Lyn said:
    I’ve just had my Parker’s sale order delivered, the pack of Alstromera that I paid £5.39 for a pack of 5, actually had 6 in the bag. 

    oops   Wrong thread, we’re talking astantias here😀
    lyn - you definitely need to go to Specsavers!   :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....


  • Thanks guys these sites have good varieties.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,878
    Fairygirl said:
    Lyn said:
    I’ve just had my Parker’s sale order delivered, the pack of Alstromera that I paid £5.39 for a pack of 5, actually had 6 in the bag. 

    oops   Wrong thread, we’re talking astantias here😀
    lyn - you definitely need to go to Specsavers!   :D
    I know! That’s twice today 😀. Either that or I’ve reach that certain age where I shouldn’t be posting at all. 😀😱
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,121
    Lyn said:
    Fairygirl said:

    lyn - you definitely need to go to Specsavers!   :D
    I know! That’s twice today 😀. Either that or I’ve reach that certain age where I shouldn’t be posting at all. 😀😱
     :D 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....


  • They've got bareroot astrantia at Wilko for £2. I'm not certain which variety they are - doesn't say online but they have the same colouring as Roma.

    I'm going to try some
Sign In or Register to comment.