Forum home Problem solving

calling clever computer people

nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,368
I  normally use Google Chrome for everything and it works fine. I click on Recent discussions and there they are.
But it doesn't find videos if I want to post elsewhere so for that I use Firefox. If I access the forum in Firefox it brings up a page from December and I can't find the latest posts. 
can anyone explain?

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,797
    That's weird!
    Have you tried clearing your history in Firefox?
    When you say that Chrome "doesn't find videos", what do you mean?
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • AlchemistAlchemist Self IsolationPosts: 262
    Have you tried clearing your personal data on the browser? (cache, cookies and history)
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,368
    LG_ said:
    That's weird!
    Have you tried clearing your history in Firefox?
    When you say that Chrome "doesn't find videos", what do you mean?
    When I go to my video and picture files there are no videos to be seen when using Google Chrome. They are all there when I use Firefox.
    How do I clear my history? I'm sure I've done this many times but I can't remember. It's only the forum that isn't working with Firefox, I haven't found anything else wrong
    Alchemist said:
    Have you tried clearing your personal data on the browser? (cache, cookies and history)

Probably not. I can't remember how this goes but if I poke around I'll probably work it out
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 8,508
    For Chrome, click the Menu (3 vertical dots top right) and choose More Tools, then Clear Browsing Data - it then gives you the option to clear data and how far back you want to go. Try the defaults first
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
    Thank Pete, it works OK on Chrome
    I've cleared it all on Firefox and it's made no difference. It's not a serious issue, I just can't access the forum from Firefox. but it puzzles me. 
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,336
    To clear your cookies etc. in Firefox (which may fix this), click the 3 little horizontal bars, top right and choose 'Options'.  In the Options menu, choose 'Privacy and security' in the left menu and scroll down to 'Cookies and Site Data', then click the 'Clear Data' button.  If it works, pages will be slow to load for a while and you may get  'privacy accept' type pop-ups on sites you've visited before.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
    Thanks Bob, I think I may not have cleared everything, I'll have another go
    It's all gone now and nothing's changed. As far as the forum is concerned I'm living in the past. I've signed out and signed in again, nothing
    sorted. Signed out and signed in again again and I'm here, in Firefox.
    Thanks all. :)