HELLO FORKERS - FEBRUARY 2019

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,959
    Lyn said:
    I sowed them in October Hosta. 😇
    you know me and my seed growing, right on there I was. 
    Please tell me I'm not too late.
    Devon.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,661
    Thanks Hosta. No idea what he'll say. Possibly further physio.
    Same here Lyn. The wind chill is dropping the temps a bit. It was about 8 at best here yesterday, but the wind was dropping that. Still much milder than usual for February here. 
    No seed sowing for a while for me, although I might do some chard for keeping undercover. It seems quite robust. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,568
    You can try, I don’t sow Delphiniums in spring, but they’ll probably be ok. Being more of a wild one they should grow anytime. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,470
    Morning all. Sunny here today again, but I've a lot of housework to do as Trill's got a friend coming for a sleepover and the place is a tip. Have been doing bits and pieces of gardening in between hospital visiting over the last few days though - good to get my hands in some dirt!

Hope work is good-busy rather than stressful-busy, Chicky. Good luck at the hospital, FG. Lucky you to have Dove-delphiniums, Hosta & Lyn. 

It's glorious out there... might just have to sneak out and potter for a little bit between hoovering sessions...
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,288
    Loved Sewing Bee ... Joe’s well on the way to becoming  a National Treasure 💖 
    and yes, get sowing Hosta ... my self-seeded ones are 8” tall 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,363
    Morning all.  Mild here too, which is a blessing since it's Day 3 of the Great Gas Saga... as I type, there's a Northern Gas fella outside in his dayglo tabard, phoning someone and looking worried...

Good luck at the hospital, Fairy.  Hope you can get out doing some "proper" hill walks again soon.  I miss your photos!  Good news about the tidying though - please will you come round my way and "persuade" my hubby that clearing up a pile of music entails more than splitting it into smaller, organised piles occupying twice as much floor space?  Sometimes I despair of ever having this house tidy.   :/

And fingers crossed for Hubby, @Pat E.  Lovely cheery sunflowers!   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,288
    Good luck Fairy 👍 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,592
    islander said:
    OK> But I don't have a garden fork or spade? Just a trowel, secateurs and shears.... 
    clearly you do know what one looks like, or you wouldn't know you don't have one. I'm fairly new here, but I think that counts.
    Flying...
    Or am I falling?
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,935
    Good morning all.  Just having a coffee break while stuff dries.   Liri - how about a set of cubby hole shelves for his various piles?  It would then just take up vertical space.

Islander - any fork will do.  I use an old kitchen fork for pricking out.

FG - good luck today.  Hope it's healing well but do take the physio sessions if they're adviced.

"Courage" for all involved in cleaning and tidying duties.  I like the results but not the process.

Sewing Bee was fun last night but I'm glad kids' week is done and dusted.  I do think 90 minutes for a transformation is a bit short.  It'd take me that log to think of a plan!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,470
    edited 20 February
    I sometimes wonder if the writers of The Good Place happened upon this thread before writing the script (ref: frequent use of phrases such as "That's forking bullshirt").

Liri, I've just read back on your gas saga. Eek. I hope a sensible resolution is found, and soon.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
This discussion has been closed.