HELLO FORKERS - FEBRUARY 2019

• Pat EPat E Posts: 8,163
    Thanks Hosta. Yes I’m in a quandary now about harvesting the rest of the lavender. I told my neighbour and her comment b....gger the lavender. Leave it. I might just have to do that. 
    S. E. NSW
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,940
    Are they frightened off by noise? Could you go and band some pots and lids together to frighten it off?
    How are the temperatures now? We've got very unseasonably "warm" 13C . Lovely to work in the garden after the winter , which has, hopefully , gone now.
    Devon.
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 8,163
    I’m not sure about the noise idea. We’d have to get close and they are very quick. Faster than I could run.
    Our temps are close to 30c but the nights are a bit cooler. I’m glad your temp has risen a bit. 
    S. E. NSW
    Pat E said:

Our temps are close to 30c but the nights are a bit cooler. I’m glad your temp has risen a bit. 
    Close to 30C..... heaven.
    Devon.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,592
    edited 16 February
    punkdoc said:
    I bought flowers, I received chocolates, we had a fabulous dinner with some wine.
    Whats not to like?

The flowers and the chocolates will both have cost twice what they would have done the week before or the week after, as will the meal if it was in a restaurant and when you're married, that's 'house' money being spent. I'm not averse to OH buying me flowers/chocolate, but I'd rather he did it when he felt so inclined rather than when the supermarkets have bludgeoned him into submission because February is otherwise lacking in 'retail opportunities'.

Well done Chicklets, one for surviving and one for thriving.

I'd steer well clear if it was me, Pat. Can't you sprinkler the lavender then wait a day or two for it to dry off again? If the snake comes back, let him enjoy the lavender for this year.

Mild and a bit damp here today. Bread making weather, I think
    Flying...
    Or am I falling?
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,781
    Morning all, gloomy here and we were promised sunshine but it may Clear as yet. Hopefully!
    Neighbours children have woken me again!!! So I'm just waiting for the cloud to burn off so I can escape them in the garden!! Second coffee time!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,261
    edited 16 February
    Good morning all  :). Having a slow start this morning after our lovely relaxing day out yesterday ... just another  ☕️ and then I ought to prune the grapevine ... I’ve left it a bit later than usual  :/
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,488
    Morning 😀. Its the weekend - yay 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Littlest chicklet was much brighter by yesterday evening, so looking forward to having her home for the weekend 😀.  No real plans other than to start filling my windowsills with seed trays 😉🌱

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
    Morning all . 
    I've taken hubby to work, had my hair cut and been to Waitrose. I think I'll  have some breakfast now.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,261
    Glad Chicklet is feeling better 😊 
    You look very smart @Hostafan1 👨 
    Ive been out there and pruned the grapevine and spoken severely to a rampant honeysuckle about allocated space and cut back a bush rose that overhangs the terrace so it’s not too much in the way when we walk past. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

This discussion has been closed.