HELLO FORKERS - FEBRUARY 2019

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,568
    edited 14 February
    Our school teachers, in their infinite wisdom thought it a good idea to have a six day timetable, thought it would stop us getting bored.  It didn’t work, especially if you’d had sick days off. Never knew what you were in for on a Monday morning. I hated school to the extent of rarely going, probably could now be called school phobia or something. 
    I left at 14 as I couldn’t face doing the last year, and they never questioned it. 

I got a good job, by the time I was 17 I was selling company pension schemes, so having no official schooling never harmed me in any way. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,295
    edited 14 February
    House reasonably clean and tidy, laundry done and moussaka made 👩‍🍳 

Despite an agreement that it would ‘only be cards’ this year ‘cos he’s taking me out for my birthday treat meal tomorrow, I’ve found a box of Belgian chocs on the sofa 💖  

I’m going to try not to open it until OH is home from work .... 😇  

I’m another who loves the way tulip stems meander ... like old Dutch flower paintings 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,941
    No chocs here tho I think we still have some Belgian seashells.  OH is playing golf.  I've just done the second coat of primer on door frames - makes me appreciate the chestnut doors and frames we put in the last house - and am about to do some cutting in of the wall colour in the loo.

Very romantic!

The dogs are enjoying the sunshine cos the neighbours are outside with their dog messing in their garden and our pair would like nothing better than to play with Aiko..  Lots to say about that.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,919
    Evening all.
    No whiff of Valentine’s in our house! I think I (stupidly) said once that Valentine’s was just an excuse for overpriced flowers and that love should be expressed every day not just on this day. Oh well - you live and learn! If flowers arrived - I would just be suspicious! 
    I hope you are all ok - hearts and flowers or not. 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,959
    For me Valentine's day is just another bandwagon to soak money from gullible consumers.
    Devon.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,592
    Hostafan1 said:
    For me Valentine's day is just another bandwagon to soak money from gullible consumers.
    shouldn't you be over in C's Corner with that sort of remark? (I completely agree, btw)
    Flying...
    Or am I falling?
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,959
    Hostafan1 said:
    shouldn't you be over in C's Corner with that sort of remark? (I completely agree, btw)
    it never fails to surprise me how many folk jump on any old bandwagon which rolls along.
    Devon.
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,496
    Great photo LG 😀. Its a pretty special garden isn’t it. Was it still smelling wonderful?

Just been on a mercy dash to Birmingham to retrieve a littlest chicklet with a vomiting bug.  She’s in bed now - hope it subsides soon as she is pretty poorly with it ☹️.  Car journey home was a pretty stressful experience 😫

And in the middle of all that excitement, Chicklet rang to say she’d got that job.....much celebrating.  I am very proud ......just need to get her little sis better and then I will be very happy
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845
    My dearest OH surprised me by saying  Happy  Valentines.  I was quit taken aback,
    until he said
    “your card is still in the shop.

some things never change.  But we have had a lovely bottle of Chablis ❤️
    Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,941
    We've been to our usual dance class - Paso, cha-cha and samba.   So good for my newly dodgy knee but followed by a celebratory cake and drink as it's Anne-Sophie's birthday too.  She made little heart-shaped chocolate fondants.  Yum yum.

We don't do Valentine's so OH went off to play a match in the wnter competition and I carried on with painting jobs.

Great news about senior Chicklet's job success.  Congrats are in order.   Hope junior Chicklet recovers soon.  Not nice.

LG - great photo.  Any more?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
This discussion has been closed.