HELLO FORKERS - FEBRUARY 2019

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,068
    Good morning all  :)

Good luck at the dentists @Hostafan1 :D
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,273
    HIya @Dovefromabove, just a check up.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,068
    I went back to sleep .... 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• steephillsteephill Posts: 875
    Dental stuff for me too today,  gumologist or to be more accurate periodontist. Will be painful for body and wallet and I have a cold just to add to the misery. Lovely day out there though.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,410
    edited 14 February
    @fidgetbones It's Anglesey Abbey in Cambridgeshire :smile:
    @Pat E , yes - Betula utilis var. jacquemontii. They wash them to keep them white!

Lovely day today too, still frosty though.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,986
    Hi all.
    Beautiful day here, hope spring is here.

Omnishambles, probably not really a word, perfectly sums up what is going on in government at the moment.
    You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,986
    Whooops.
    Bought Moira a bunch of tulips, put them in the shed overnight. They are now decidedly floppy, some would say a bit like me.
    You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,306
    It's the thought that counts, @punkdoc...  fortunately...   ;)

Morning all.  Just about to go and barrow gravel in the park with the volunteers.  It's a gorgeous morning...   B)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,067
    Gorgeous morning here too but am on painting duties.  Need to get it out of the way now we've started.

Pdoc - there's a knack to having unfloppy tulips but I like them when their stems bend.

I always scored poorly on sewing but my all girls school thought Latin and cookery/sewing skills important.  I was only there for the first 2 years so have no idea what happened after that but in my next school I know only 3 girls went on to do Domestics at A level.   The rest of us had to choose between Arts or Sciences with Maths available to either.  Bit early for closing off options I think.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • MuddyForkMuddyFork North HampshirePosts: 435
    @ punkdoc to straightened tulips cut off base of stem.  Use a safety pin to put a hole thorough the stem just below the flowers.  The theory is that the air trapped in the stem is released and water is pulled up the stem.  Seems to work for me
This discussion has been closed.