Forum home Problem solving

replying to posts

2»

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,283
    So how do you reply to specific comments? Or can  you only reply  to the whole thread?
    Reply to a specific comment using Quote

If you want to alert someone to a post use @norderhove
  • PurpleRosePurpleRose Posts: 245
    So how do you reply to specific comments? Or can  you only reply  to the whole thread?
    Do you mean doing as I am doing now - replying to a certain post?

If so, in the post you want to reply to there is a little button saying quote. Press that and it automatically goes into your posting box. Then you can do your typing.

Not sure if the above paragraph is clear Haha!! Look under this sentence and to the left there is three words. Flag, quote and like. Click on quote.

If I have barked up the wrong tree with my answer.  I apologise 😁
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 34,301
    You can also remove irrelevant parts of the quote, which is helpful. When people quote huge, entire posts, it takes up half the page -which is really annoying.

Just highlight and delete the bit that's not needed.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,843
    @Fairygirl I can't do that on my phone, maybe there is a way but I've never been able to quote the one or two lines I want...
  • mikeymustardmikeymustard Posts: 239
    Mary370 said:
    @Fairygirl I can't do that on my phone, maybe there is a way but I've never been able to quote the one or two lines I want...
    On other forums you can highlight what you want to quote then press "quote", but it doesn't work on here. Instead, you "quote" the whole comment then delete what you dont want, just like any other piece of text ;)
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 34,301
    You can also highlight text, and do a copy and paste, and just add something like 'so and so said ' , but I think the phones aren't as versatile as laptops either.
    Dunno - I don't have one of those all singing, all dancing phones  :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,843
    @mikeymustard thanks for that, sounds like I can manage that 
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,601
    Fairygirl said:
    You can also highlight text, and do a copy and paste, and just add something like 'so and so said ' , but I think the phones aren't as versatile as laptops either.
    Dunno - I don't have one of those all singing, all dancing phones
    Never tried this before so testing it out.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands