Forum home The potting shed

Gardening to Lose Weight?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,705
    All we need to do is for five folk to flag the initial post and it'll disappear and the Mods can make a decision on Monday morning
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,286
    edited January 2019
    Mina lobata.  Ole!
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,168
    6 flags and it’s still there. No need to drink or eat whatever it is the OP is advertising 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,465
    Interesting that l also flagged it which made 9, and it's still here, although the message "removed for moderation" did appear. Forum glitch l presume. 
  • PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 2,861
    Are you sure it's an advert? She says it isn't working! That wouldn't persuade me to buy. I must be a bit thicker than I realised!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,705
    Her job is to post stuff on the internet to raise the profile of the product  :/
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,168
    You can tell when they are just advertising, they dont come back and take part! The job’s done you’ve seen the two products, that’s all they want.
    It’s not usual for a new poster to advertise a product. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,690

Does the gardening help you to lose weight?

I already drink Garcinia to reduce my appetite, and I bought Nivele for my thighs. I’m hoping that at least it will help. 

If you are overweight, the only thing to address is what you eat - healthy meals and snacks will see your body shape change and you will generally become healthier.

- Magic potions wont help.

- Trying to burn more than you eat won’t help.

If you are otherwise relatively inactive, gardening is a great way to get you out of bed/off the sofa and about in the fresh air.  If you’re growing your own veg it can connect you back to real food, and help you ditch fast foods.
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,286
    edited January 2019
    Tin pot said:

Oh I don't know Tin pot.  It is a bit wasteful food , but rendering it inedible could work. :wink::D

Spam count might be ten @AnniD according to Fairy, plus other helpful hints here
    https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1023644/spam-again/p1
  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,690
    Rubytoo said:
    Tin pot said:

Oh I don't know Tin pot.  It is a bit wasteful food , but rendering it inedible could work. :wink::D

Ah...that’s why my wife burns the cookies in the oven.  I knew she couldn’t be that unlucky twice in a row! 😀