Forum home The potting shed

Well I think it's funny.....

Just read a report in our local paper about a guy who came out of the cinema and couldn't find his car.  Called 999 to report the theft and was told by police not to worry, it hadn't been stolen.  It had been impounded for no tax and no insurance.

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 4,343
    *snort*
    “It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.” ― Terry Pratchett
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,914
    :)

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,982
    Exact same thing happened me 6 years ago..........reported the car as stolen, as it was gone whem we got back from a meal in a new indian resturant.  I didn't realise the council had designated that section of the road as a taxi rank a few months before  :#
    Cost me 80 euro to get car back!.......luckily my tax and insurance were in date
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,117
    Mary370, you had parked in a restricted area by accident but were otherwise legal. It must have been a terrible shock when the car wasn't there.  Having re-read the report I referred to, the car wasn't only not taxed or insured, it had also been declared as 'Off Road' i.e. not permitted to be on the road.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,334

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,982
    @KT53.......it was a terrible shock, I hadn't been in that area of town for years, so didn't realise it was a taxi rank.  I felt really foolish lol