Gardeners World Magazine subscription price hike

12346»

• smm134smm134 Posts: 3

I bought a subscription last April and right out of the gate the issues started arriving half way into the next month for the prior month. In September it got worse. Contacted Immediate Media (Ironic name) on October 24th that my September issue never arrived. It eventually did in November and I received another September issue on December 26th with a post date of October 24th from somewhere in central Europe (I've forgotten the location)  My December issue arrive the first week of this February.

All along I have been communicating via email with the fine folks at Immediate Media. I always receive prompt replies with the usual promises of looking into the problem.

I live in the U.S. and understand that issues may arrive perhaps a week after they are sent out in the post in the U.K., but a month or two later?

Foolishly I paid about $100 for the 12 month overseas subscription. With renewal coming up I think perhaps I'll forgo renewing and arrive at my annual spring 2 week holiday destination with an extra $100 in my pocket.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,051
    Join the RHS instead.  Monthly magazine which arrives in the appropriate month and plenty more besides including seeds from the gardens and free advice form experts
    https://www.rhs.org.uk/join 
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,113
    @smm134. Beware with renewals, if they have your card details they’ll automatically renew your subscription then you’ll have the trouble of trying to get it stopped. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Thanks for the "heads up". I'll double check
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,206
    smm134 said:
    I live in the U.S. and understand that issues may arrive perhaps a week after they are sent out in the post in the U.K., but a month or two later?

Foolishly I paid about $100 for the 12 month overseas subscription. With renewal coming up I think perhaps I'll forgo renewing and arrive at my annual spring 2 week holiday destination with an extra $100 in my pocket.

Isn't there a digital copy of the magazine available? I know it's not the same as a physical copy but it might save you waiting for the post and might work out a lot cheaper.
    Yes, you're right. Having the physical copy is nice for going back to for a reference library, etc.,  I suppose a tablet or laptop can perform the same function.
  • I've kept a year's worth of GW,and just have a quick look through the month we are on.
    I prefer Garden Answers,but not sure why!! I'm no longer swayed into buying for the free seeds,as some have had the colours wrong. I think they must be seconds,or the equivalent in the seed world.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,051
    I have just received my seed order from the RHS Member Seed Scheme.  15 packets of perennial, bulb and shrub seeds plus a booklet guide to germination and care for £8.50, including P&P to France.

Bargain.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw