Gardeners World Magazine subscription price hike

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 15,254
    Well, I know which one I'd believe.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 1,037
    @KT53 my subscription lapsed at the end of last year but I still have access to secret garden, a mistake presumably, lets hope the subscription department don’t read this!  However, the info in most of the features in it are all on the web somewhere so I won’t be too distressed if they cotton on. 

I meant to renew it, but its too pricy now so I won’t be. Irritatingly, I was bombarded with cheap renewal offers right the way through the first 11 months of it (when I didn’t  need to renew) then they stopped as soon as it expired...
  • Bee witchedBee witched Scottish BordersPosts: 412
    Hi @Nollie,

This offer is for 5 issues for £5 .... you need to set up a Direct Debit .... but you can cancel once the £5 has been taken and before any other money is taken. You'll still get your 5 issues.

https://www.buysubscriptions.com/print/bbc-gardeners-world-magazine-subscription?promo=JS19PPC&style=brand&gclid=CjwKCAiAyrXiBRAjEiwATI95me7gOSoOb3OsxHdPqX_2uWsKG2R43rovXdoXQFei_fktTIQriV3YERoCLXIQAvD_BwE

Hope you can use it.

Bee x
      image  Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,957
    edited 27 January
    My OH bought me the subscription for my birthday a few years ago but he would rather buy something else now so I tried to change it online but couldn't. I rang them up to say I wanted to pay it myself now and the lady on the phone said she would have to cancel OH's gift subscription and open a new one for me which she did for £64 for 2 years and I have it sent to France. I thought that was an OK deal. I use the 2 for 1 gardens quite regularly when we are in England so it's even better.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 2,241
    I've subscribed for years to GW, Garden News and The English Garden (bit of a magazine junkie!). I cancelled TEG last year as I thought it a bit repetitive and getting expensive and was thinking of doing the same with GW this year. The price increase confirms it, but at £1 per week, Garden News gives me something to look forward to on Mondays and keeps me quiet for an hour or so. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 11,771
    I always buy the May edition in the SM to get the 2 -1 admissions.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
    Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose. 
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 1,037
    Thanks @Bee witched. TBH I haven’t really missed it that much  ;)
  • will6will6 Posts: 32
    It seems alot but only works out at about £1.09 a week, Not to scary.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 15,254
    Only takes an hour or so to read tho so not such good value if you count it that way.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 2,949
    Obelixx said:
    Only takes an hour or so to read tho so not such good value if you count it that way.
    That's the way I'm thinking too.  My main use of the mag now is to get ideas of what flowers when as we are still remodelling the garden.  As I have about 6 or 7 years of back issues I should be able to get enough ideas from those.