Forum home The potting shed

Confessions - seduction and sticky labels

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,873
I only went to the garden centre for bird food your honour ... it seduced me, it hurled itself onto my trolley, I was at its mercy ... there was nothing I could do .... I succumbed :flushed:
H. Frostkiss “Glenda’s Gloss”
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,085
    You were obviously hypnotised, so you are absolved go in peace and plant happily  o:)
    AB Still learning

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,873
    Thank you your honour ... I won’t do it again (fingers crossed behind my back)  ;)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,286
    edited January 2019
    Well what can one expect Dove, you are cleared of all charges, Brazen Hussy throwing herself at you :D

Sounds like a glamourous lip salve :) A bit of a stretch to say in your defense that it was what you thought it was though.

Very nice too, pretty leaf form as well. I like.
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,286
    Thank you your honour ... I won’t do it again (fingers crossed behind my back)  ;)
    Hmmm is that the smell of burning undergarments I can smell.....
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,085
    I of course have never succumbed,  well only if you don't count the fact that I often get presents of vouchers, at this time of year and usually manage to "spend" at least twice their value whenever I go to the G C.  :p
    AB Still learning

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,873
    I had a voucher ... but that was for the birdfood  :/

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,444
    Dove you weren’t that girl who put her story in the newspaper, she sued an hotel who had given her a room with a double bed instead of the 2 singles she’d asked for and got pregnant, putting the fault entirely on the hotel! 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,025
    I dropped into the I*ea website yesterday to buy a very small item costing less than a tenner and came back out with a new dining table (which cost significantly more!). So forgiveness is the order of the day.
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 4,379
    Off-topic but @hogweed 's post reminded me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oA5t0-e9UM
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,133
    edited January 2019
    Hi @Dovefromabove ! Repent and pay your rent...
    Similar story happened to me last week and this afternoon.
    Last week went to a large GC with the intention of buying a couple of new hellebores. Was disappointed to find that their selection was minimal. Anyway, came out with one specimen of H. Frostkiss® Glenda's Gloss® (same as yours) and one H. x ballardiae Hgc Camelot.
    H. Frostkiss® Glenda's Gloss® in the rain
    This afternoon I decided to go to another nursery to check their stock of hellebores. They had nothing new or spectacular, so came out with 2 totally different plants: a Pieris japonica 'Cupido' and a Hebe 'Matty Brown'. Now, where on earth (pun intended) am I doing to plant them in my small garden?
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).