Forum home The potting shed

How do you all access this Forum?

Is there an app or does every one go on this Forum the old 'internet page' way?! 
Or perhaps, there is a mobile version? 
Just trying to see if there is a quicker way to check new posts or replies to your questions. 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160
    old fashioned laptop here. got it bookmarked on the 'Recent Discussions' page
  • Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 1,145
    Yep, "internet page" way for me too. Either on a desktop computer or my tablet.
  • Bee witchedBee witched Scottish BordersPosts: 694
    Hi,

It's the old internet page for me ..... no other choice as there's no reliable mobile signal here ... I only have a mobile for the car for emergency use (and that's not a smart phone so no apps)

Bee x
    Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey   
  • I love this format of interaction of like-minded people. But I wondered if there other ways. 
    Doesnt seem like it .
    thanks for your answers, guys 
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160
    there will be people using phones and apps, this has come up before
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,912
    There are options on your settings page (Notification Preferences) that will alert you to a response by either email or pop-up.
    I don't know if the pop-up would work on a mobile, but the email option would
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,355
    Laptop with it marked as one of my favourites. Couldn't be quicker.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,175
    There's no app (unless you count Chrome ;-)), but as said, you can set various kinds of notifications. Just leave the 'Recent Discussions page open and refresh it.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 17,551
     If I haven’t already got the tab open I just type in ga in the google box and up it comes. 
    Then I click on forum home, that gives the daily postings. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• RedSquirrelAbroadRedSquirrelAbroad Brussels Posts: 74
    If you want to access the Forum directly from your phone in one click just go to the Forum homepage and use the bar that appears horizontally at the bottom of your screen to select “add to home screen” (see photo below). Then a GW icon will appear on your home screen.

You can also set your notifications in Settings on your phone so that the phone alerts you when you get a new email/response. Hope that makes sense!