The Secret Garden Club

Hi 
Just wondered if anyone has ever ordered plants online from this supplier 
A friend of mine has just informed me that they ordered 4 perennial plants supplied in 9cm pots at a very discounted price. Also because the value of the plants brought exceeded £10 he got free postage 
It does sound a very good offer but wondered that based on the statement that “you only get what you are prepared to pay for “ what quality the plants will be.
So if anybody has ordered from this company could you give me any idea of the quality level of the plants they supply 
Thank you 

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,628
    I've had plants of them before which were good quality, not all the plants are £2.50 they range from £2 to £5. Get a email once a week for new plants as well

They used to do a membership for buying plants off them with a discount / more offers. They offered a lifetime membership for £12 -15 ish  I thought why, they scrapped the membership fees a couple of weeks latter which obviously didn't amuse me much, £12-15 for nothing .    
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185
    I can't remember who recommended them as well, I think it might have been Fran IOM.
    Just having dinner so can't check but should come up in a search :)
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,483
    Happy Marion always spoke very highly of them.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,083
    Hi @Rubytoo Yes it was me who recommended them. I have always been delighted with the plants supplied by them. @Perki Lifetime Membership was never mentioned when I first ordered from them so must have been after they scrapped it. If I were you I would suggest a refund if it was of no use to you or maybe they would be prepared to supply plants to that value. Could be worth a try. @greenfingers Steve. I can vouch for the quality of their plants. I was able to plant mine straight in the ground as they were well established. Hope you are satisfied with yours if you decide to order. I also get an email every week and find it hard to resist some of their offers. If I do succumb I always go just over the ten pound mark. Free postage for me is even better when I usually get charged more for the IOM. You also couldn't fault the packing in which they arrive.  :)
  • Thank you all for your comments back 
    Hi Fran, it’s does seem then that they do offer good value for a low price on some of their plants which is very refreshing. Also the free postage on such a low price value is something I haven’t seen unless your order exceeds a very high value eg: £100 

Hi Steve, I agree that free postage on such a small amount is in their favour as you can be attracted to adverts which state FREE POSTAGE only to read the small print below stating "on orders over 50 pounds". (Can't get the pound sign up on my laptop!) If you decide to give them a try and you aren't happy I will let you blame me!  :)
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,628
    @Fran IOM It were quite a bit ago they did the paying membership fee, to long ago to claim anything back .  You need to change your laptop back to UK ( English ) in your setting to get the £££ sign back.   
  • lilysillylilysilly Posts: 410
    @greenfingers steve, I don't know if you've seen this 20% discount code online.
    ZGNJVVHD 
    Almost a free plant!
    @Perki Shame it was so long ago that you couldn't claim back. Will have to get my SIL to sort out changing to UK setting. Thanks for that. 
  • Hi Fran 
    Ive had a few bad experiences with buying plants online but not enough to stop me buying. No blame will be attached if the plants are weeds only to the supplier 😀😀
    Hi Lillysilly 
    Thanks for the discount code and I will see if it works when I decide to order