Forum home Garden design

Garden Furniture - Differences and Choosing?

• LTobyLToby Posts: 184
    a true to its life and durability outdoor furniture in windy, wet and sunny locations - 'real teak furniture is the best' - i have a dining set outdoors in the last 10 years and just needed to polish it during Spring/Summer to maintain its shiny looks after all these years (again, there are real teak furniture polisher), you just have to get cushions to sit on and you can put these away in the garage/closets during Winter; avoid the synthetic teak ones or fake teaks - there's a lot of teak-look-a-like in the market that will rot in a short time.
    Aberdeenshire, Scotland
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,099
    @Stephanie308uParr ... your signature is an advert ... if you don't want your posts to be Flagged and deleted by the Moderators you should remove it.  Adverts have to be paid for on this forum. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• thank you guys for your advice. They helped me a lot
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,099
    thank you guys for your advice. They helped me a lot
    When’s the advert coming I wonder?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 48,927
    That's what I thought when I saw it @Dovefromabove.
    I like to give them the benefit of the doubt .... ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,307
    Gosh that was an elaborate set up including a hookah 😂
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,010
    Why would anyone need to forge furniture? Surely the real thing is more comfortable🤔
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,281
    We've just bought some, off Etsy, very happy with it.
    Our criteria were rather different from those above. Forget elegance and glass top tables. Will it blow away in a gale, will it last a decent number of years without rotting, rusting, will it be comfortable, will it suit the setting and can we afford it on our budget?
    Ours is solid wood, well made,  can seat 6 round a generous table, can be oiled annually and cost just £400. It looks completely at home on our terrace and the dunnocks like it as they feel safe underneath the table. Better than any forgery :)
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,265
    We've just bought some, off Etsy, very happy with it.
    Our criteria were rather different from those above. Forget elegance and glass top tables. Will it blow away in a gale, will it last a decent number of years without rotting, rusting, will it be comfortable, will it suit the setting and can we afford it on our budget?
    Ours is solid wood, well made,  can seat 6 round a generous table, can be oiled annually and cost just £400. It looks completely at home on our terrace and the dunnocks like it as they feel safe underneath the table. Better than any forgery :)
    was it this one?
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1057008370/staffordshire-garden-furniture-6ft-table?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=custom+garden+furniture&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&pop=1&organic_search_click=1
    Devon.
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,281
    Yes, though we paid a bit extra to have 4 chairs rather than the 2 benches as it gave us more manoeuvrability. We need to be able to fit in daughter's friends and to squeeze in an extra seat if need be. I hate all those designer 'garden rooms' in gardens the size of a pocket handkerchief (does anyone have those any more?) but it will give more space for entertainment than our small dining room would permit. Boozy evenings round the firepit for her to look forward to :)
     It is nicely finished with bevelled edges rather than just square cut timber and the curved ends on the table give a fraction more space. It was delivered promptly too, though it's a good job I'm an early riser as they came at 6.30 in the morning!