Seed Swap and Plant Sharing 2019

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,270
    Seeds on their way Dove🙂

Ricinus are still in their first pots, about to be potted on so only small ATM.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,536
    Bless you @Lyn 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• jayne10bjayne10b Posts: 24
    Does anyone have any cerinthe major purpurascens by any chance?  Thanks.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,270
    I have Jayne, if you send me your address in a PM I’ll get them off to you.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• @Fire For some reason i thought i'd posted already So sorry, Cistas are indeed doing it for themselves! Thank you so much for the seeds, i can't wait to see what happens!
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,392
    I'm glad they arrived safely.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,331
    When the rain stops, I'm going to give my Sicilian chamomile, Anthemis punctata, a short back and sides, so I'll have loads to use as cuttings.  Would anyone like some?  They root very readily.
    josusa47 said:
    Would anyone within reach of Llandudno like a humungous Fatsia japonica to put in their garden?  It's healthy and about 6 feet height and spread.  It's in a border which I plan to fill with native hedgerow plants, so it's going to look a bit out of place.   If you can dig it out, it's yours.  I've offered it on Freecycle but there are no takers.
    I've rehomed it!  My friend Nicholas who is an expert gardener brought a friend yesterday to help him dig it out and took it to his big garden in the country.  I hope they will be very happy together.  
  • BirminghamMarc1972BirminghamMarc1972 Birmingham Posts: 709
    josusa47 said:
    josusa47 said:
    Would anyone within reach of Llandudno like a humungous Fatsia japonica to put in their garden?  It's healthy and about 6 feet height and spread.  It's in a border which I plan to fill with native hedgerow plants, so it's going to look a bit out of place.   If you can dig it out, it's yours.  I've offered it on Freecycle but there are no takers.
    I've rehomed it!  My friend Nicholas who is an expert gardener brought a friend yesterday to help him dig it out and took it to his big garden in the country.  I hope they will be very happy together.  
    Your a good person. A lot of people would have just cut it down. Hope it survives the move
    josusa47 said:
    josusa47 said:
    Your a good person. A lot of people would have just cut it down. Hope it survives the move
    Why, thank you.  I can't bear to see anything thrown away that could serve someone else.  Especially not a good plant.  It hadn't done anything wrong, it was just a bit too exotic for my taste.