Garden Visits 2019

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,536
    Great colours in Inverewe.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,263
    edited 2 June
    The local open garden season has started (mostly June and July). My first of the year is 19 Coolhurst Road, N8. A large (for London), wildly planted garden with a eye to pollinators. It was, I thought, a low key, sophisticated, mature garden and colour palette. Full of high climbing roses, climbing hydrangeas and other entwiners against a backdrop of sixty foot copper beeches.

A beautiful mix of geraniums, campion, roses, sweet rocket, and foxgloves.

climbing roses and climbing hydrangeas just breaking

Looks lovely, Fire.

I went to see an Open Garden today, but I forgot to take photos.

Dordogne and Norfolk
    edited 2 June
    So good to see a big, urban garden given over to wild planting. They have a large area of shaded wildflower meadow (not pictured), very successful, varied and wild. Small kids were having a ball in the 'Jungle'. All very inspiring. Hedgehog paradise.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,295
    edited 4 June
    I went on an NGS visit at the weekend too - one I've been wanting to see since it was on GW last year (but after the open day, so I had to wait). It's Choumert Square in Peckham - 46 tiny gardens along a path, with a small communal garden for all the residents at the end. There was a cabaret on a little stage in there  :) .
    It was difficult to get good pictures as I was always photographing someone as they walked along, and I couldn't get the distance I needed to show it for the delightful space it is, but here they are anyway:

'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
    ooo, I remember it from GW last year. Looks lovely.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,066
    I thought it seemed familiar ! Is that Pimms l can spy ? 
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,295
    I think so, @AnniD :). The houses were gorgeous too. What I haven't really been able to show is how individual the gardens were - being the same size and in the same context, it had a coherent feel, but each had a distinct character too. Lovely. 
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
    I thought it looked familiar too. What a lovely street, looks so welcoming and friendly.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • 1634 Racine1634 Racine Posts: 345
    White garden at Sissinghurst yesterday (in between the showers)