Garden Visits 2019

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,123
    Up a ladder!  Luscious tulips.

Just caught up with this thread so thank you LG for the visit to Anglesey Abbey and Yvie for the lovely York garden, Papi Jo for the Brittany garden and Racine for Pashley.   

Possum and I visited the gardens at Annevoie in Belgium on Easter Monday.  We first visited this when she was about 10 and they had just got a new owner who was planning to restore the gardens.  They're on a hill in the Ardennes and have gravity fed water gardens and spouts which were created in the Age of Reason when man like to show he could control nature so lots of clipped hedges and managed trees.   Good to see all the water features now working but a shame about the loss of some old trees and the impending doom of others covered in mistletoe.

More here - https://ibb.co/album/nxSimF  
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • 1634 Racine1634 Racine Posts: 372
    Riverhill Himalayan Gardens.  Peak Rhododendron!  Gorgeous scents.  Decent bluebell wood too.

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,813
    I've been to the Malvern show today.  Here are a few photos.  Didn't take many as I had my hands full of plants.

The Leaf Creative Garden with Sculpture by Simon Gudgeon

Lots of Geums this year.

The Habit of Living Garden (in support of Diabetes UK)

I'll be looking for these Tulips for next spring.

One of my favourite displays in the floral tent.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,636
    Thanks for posting @Yviestevie. Something tells me l would have come back with a load of geums.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,319
    Me too!  Lovely photos, @Yviestevie - pity Malvern is so far away...

Re Ripley Castle:  for me, the interest lies not in the garden but in the parkland, where the ancient trees are simply stunning.

But I agree totally about York Gate, and Harlow Carr...   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,813
    Wow that's amazing @Liriodendron ; Must admit Liri that out of all the garden shows I've been to (including Chelsea and Hampton Court) Malvern is my favourite.  Beautiful setting, laid back and lots to buy.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • NanniemoNanniemo Posts: 187
    A few photos of our visit to RHS Wisley today. Still some building work going on but will be good when it’s completed.
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,352
    Wisley’s looking good Nanniemo - great pictures😀

Ballade is my favourite tulip @Yviestevie. And it comes back the next year too 😀😀😀
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,686

I was at Malvern the same day as you @Yviestevie

I put my photos on this thread https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1027960/malvern-spring-festival-photos#latest

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,986

A few photos from Inverewe gardens, taken a couple of weeks ago.
    You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand