Garden Visits 2019

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 1,687
    edited 14 January
    Wonderful sights (and photos), thanks @chicky !

What is the name of that shrub with white flowers:

I guess those pink flowers belong to a Viburnum × bodnantense 'Dawn'?

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 4,982
    My guess for the white-flowered shrub (or small tree, perhaps) would be the winter-flowering cherry, Prunus subhirtella autumnalis.  But @chicky might have seen a label...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,970
    edited 14 January
    The place was label free 😀. But I would also guess at Dawn for the viburnum and autumn cherry for the blossom.

Sadly not retired yet Suesyn, so I have to take my chances when they appear.  However, the busyness didn’t spoil the beauty or the smells, just the serenity 😉
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,496
    Lovely photos Chicky,  Hellebores, snowdrops and winter honeysuckle showing here.  Love walking round the garden in winter and finding a few suprises.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 3,040
    Will you be visiting the hellebore open day near you @Yviestevie ?
    Don't think I'll be doing the tour but I'm sure I'll end up buying another hellebore from Ashwoods
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 3,040
    It looks very interesting but l don't think we'd be able to go on the scheduled dates unfortunately. It is on my bucket list to visit the garden centre at least though! 
    Visited John Massey's Garden at Ashwoods Today.  Here are a few photos.

As you would expect lots of Hellebores and snowdrops.  Not a dull corner in sight.  Lots and lots of perfume especially from the Witch Hazels and Sweet Box.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 4,982
    That's beautiful, Yvie!  I love that cornus and grass combination...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
    Me too Liri.