Garden Visits 2019

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,154
    Thanks LG 😀

Very glad it was not on Anglesey .....that would have been a diversion too far between Nottingham and Surrey ....even for a garden enthusiast like me 😍😜
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,184
    Thanks, Chicky.  Your photos have made me smile this evening...   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,593
    Gorgeous pictures @chicky - some lovely examples of beauty over Winter. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
    😁 Liri 😁
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,300
    Look at that cornus! 
    Our tutor was telling us that they wash down those silver birches to make them extra bright white.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
    Thanks AuntyRach 😁

Wouldn’t be surprised if they wash them LG ....they were very bright 😎. I liked the grove of newly planted ones too....not sure how long they take to get to a full size “ghostly grove” 👻👻👻
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,417
    I used to wash my multi-stemmed birch in Belgium - removed all the muck splashes form rain and some green stuff too.  Well worth it.

Beautiful photos Chicky.  Thank you for sharing.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,083
    Beautiful photos chicky, thank you very much. Lifted my spirits  :)
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,534
    Lovely photos, Chicky. I hope I will be able to see more of this thread now that France Telecom have at last done some repairs.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • SuesynSuesyn Posts: 153
    Anglesey  Abbey is well worth a visit but not on a sunny Sunday afternoon if possible. It's nice that so many people want to visit the garden but when it's too crowded it takes some of the pleasure out of it. Sorry, didn't mean to be negative just trying to say that it's a bit quieter during the week,  one of the advantages of retirement.