Forum home Garden design

Garden Visits 2019

1121314151618»

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,165
    Sorry, some are sideways .....time for screenlock 🔒 
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,770
    Nice pictures Chicky  :)
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,754
    Lovely photos.
    I hadn't yet seen the ones from @LG_ of Helmingham Hall, I love the walled garden there, we've visited a couple of times. Wisley is always gorgeous.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
    Another garden visit for me today (loving this retirement lark 😍).  This time to Ramster, a woodland garden near Godalmimg.  I have been before, in Spring, but this is the first time it has done an autumn opening .......it was gorgeous 🍁🍂

Lots of reds, oranges and yellows shining out like beacons

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.

Some really lovely sculptures - all the wooden ones were chainsawed out of a fir that fell in the garden some years ago

And some other things that caught my eye 👁 

I was not alone ....

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,186
    Lovely, @chicky.   :)  I'm a sucker for sun shining through a leaf...
    Sorry I won't be in Yorkshire for a Harlow Carr visit next year.  I should have waited another year before moving...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,234
    Lovely @chicky thank you 😊 ... Id not heard of Ramster before. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh