ha4

TaffstuartTaffstuart Posts: 20
edited 11 January in Plants

Appalling Thompson and Morgan

I have just had £9.99 refunded for a bowl of crocuses ordered in mid-December and never delivered.  £9.99 is totally inadequate considering I have had to make 3 expensive phone calls to chase this item up.  But the real disappointment is of course is that I wanted the item for Christmas and was looking forward to it.  The refund is totally inadequate in many ways.  It is my last order with T&M.  There are plenty of competitors out there who provide a professional service.

I have been dissatisfied with the service and quality of products coming from them for some time now, so this has made my mind up.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 13,107
    Type Thompson and Morgan into the search box. You will find plenty of customer feedback there.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • PicidaePicidae RutlandPosts: 322
    If your phone calls were expensive change your phone supplier as well.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 1,790
    No offense but mail order plant companies always make it pretty clear that delivery dates are approximate and subject to growing conditions etc. Buying blind by mail order always entails some element of risk. If you chose to use expensive methods to contact the company then that really isn't their fault. Did they guarantee delivery by Christmas when you bought them?

If you need plants by a certain date then it might be better to support your local nurseries and go and buy them in person.

People are always very quick to fault mail order companies but there's a reason why they're cheap and you really have to manage your expectations given the circumstances of how they deliver their products.

Bad mouthing companies in public while offering incomplete information and not offering them a chance to respond is a bit out of order if you ask me. :/
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,331
    adrianjoc said:

I have been dissatisfied with the service and quality of products coming from them for some time now, so this has made my mind up.

It always amazes me that people are dissatisfied with a company but go back and use them again.

Joining a forum just for a whinge isn't top of the pops either. 

no comment re T&M, I've only used their seeds which germinate at the same rate as any others packed for sale.
  • TaffstuartTaffstuart Posts: 20

"Bad mouthing companies in public while offering incomplete information and not offering them a chance to respond is a bit out of order if you ask me. :/ "
    I think that having to make no less than 3 calls to try to get satisfaction and failing to get it, probably justifies my anger and disappointment.  This posting has gone to them separately so they will definitely have 'a chance to respond'. 
    nutcutlet said:
    adrianjoc said:

It always amazes me that people are dissatisfied with a company but go back and use them again.

no comment re T&M, I've only used their seeds which germinate at the same rate as any others packed for sale.
    Picidae said:
    If your phone calls were expensive change your phone supplier as well.

Thanks for that erudite advice.  The phone calls were expensive because of the time they kept me on the phone - 3 times- while they tried to find out what had gone wrong. They seemed to start from scratch each time.  I'm quite happy with my phone supplier thank you all the same.
    nutcutlet said:
    adrianjoc said:

I've had some successes with T&M so I have persevered with them, but I have had one or two deliveries of very poor quality over the years.  It's hard to ignore them because I get daily offers from them (if they put as much energy into customer service as they do into marketing, they'd be fine).  However they are now firmly in my spam filter.  They're not the only kids on the block.  

Please don't interpret my post as a 'whinge' - it's more a public service.  As was pointed out above there is a whole thread of complaints about T&M.  I wasn't aware of it when I posted or I would have just added to it. I'm not bothered about being 'top of the pops'.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,514
    I use Tesco vouchers for seeds from T&M , but I don't rate their bulbs or plants. I have been sent plants from them for xmas, but both times was disappointed. This year I persuaded the in laws to save the money.
    It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 1,790
    adrianjoc said:

"Bad mouthing companies in public while offering incomplete information and not offering them a chance to respond is a bit out of order if you ask me. :/ "
    I think that having to make no less than 3 calls to try to get satisfaction and failing to get it, probably justifies my anger and disappointment.  This posting has gone to them separately so they will definitely have 'a chance to respond'. 
    Possibly but again it depends on your expectation vs their terms of sale. Why not get the response and then post your complaint in public?

Given it's your first post here should we not assume you're just a competitor's marketing team trying to drive business away from T&M?
    adrianjoc said:

Possibly but again it depends on your expectation vs their terms of sale. Why not get the response and then post your complaint in public?

Given it's your first post here should we not assume you're just a competitor's marketing team trying to drive business away from T&M?
    You can assume what you like.  I'm a retiree  - a golfer and gardener - purely a consumer.  Sorry to disappoint you.  It's my first post because I have only just joined the forum. The next one will be my second posting.  What competitors did you have in mind?