Plant ID please

RobmarstonRobmarston Posts: 191

There are a few clumps of this in my new garden. Pretty sure they’re not snowdrops amd
they don’t look like daffs. They’re up like this now. Not sure whether to move and replant or just get rid. Can anyone tell me what they are? Thanks. 

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 3,090
    With the bulbs out of the ground like that I would hazard a guess at Nerines.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,882
    I think they're some form of Muscari. 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,239
    If they're muscari they could be invasive so try potting them up and see what they do.  If they produce blue of white flowers in tight bunches like grapes then they're muscari and need to be treated with caution.   There are lots of varieties available of which the nicest, IMHO, are the latifolia but these leaves are too narrow for that.   You can google for images.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • yorkshireroseyorkshirerose North YorkshirePosts: 185
    Might be Leucojum (Summer Snowflake-flowers early Spring) or Hyacinthoides non-scripta (English Bluebell)
    https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/10003/i-Leucojum-aestivum-i/Details
    https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/8890/Hyacinthoides-non-scripta/Details
    A gardener's work is never at an end  - (John Evelyn 1620-1706)
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 7,597
    I also think they're muscari (grape hyacinth) which can be a nuisance as they can spread by both seed and offsets, so would agree with removing and potting them up to see whether you like them or not.  Nerines have noticeably long, papery (and sticky!) necks which are absent from these bulbs.  Not bluebells - leaf formation wrong.
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • RobmarstonRobmarston Posts: 191
    Thanks for all that. I like muscari and have a big enough garden so I might plant them and see what happens 😊