Bizze Lizze Indoor plant

Dear Everyone 

I want to revive four Bizzy lizzys and are currently in the water. Previously the original two plants thrived one flagged and the other followed suit.

Advice would be most welcome, looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely

John 

• Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 636
    @john.white.jw336 Welcome to the forum. Your thread has slipped through without a response. I am not sure I fully understand your query but there should be someone out there who could help you. Hope so. 
  • yorkshireroseyorkshirerose North YorkshirePosts: 125
    Hello, John,

I presume your cuttings in water have roots? If so simply pot them up into a Houseplant compost and keep them in a fairly cool position out of direct sunlight and not near a radiator or similar heat source.
    Don't overwater them, ideally stand the pot(s) in saucer(s) which have some gravel  in the bottom and water that  so the water just touches the base of the pot, when the compost feels moist remove pot and drain away excess water.
    They should grow on steadily and, if required, you can harden them off after risk of frost and put them in summer bedding displays
    Hope this helps.
    A gardener's work is never at an end  - (John Evelyn 1620-1706)
  • Dear Fran IOM and yorkshirerose

Thank you for the help and support and for another the opportunity of improving my descriptive language.

I have four roots which were in two pots, both were not producing shoots so I took them out of the pots washed the roots under cold running tap water and then placed them into the water.

I also took one leave also putting that into the water. I carried out this procedure just during Advent and with the hope of seeing new shoots.

In closing " A picture paints a thousand words"  so please find attached four photographs of the roots and leaf.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, 

Yours sincerely

John
    Hi @john.white.jw336. Thanks for acknowledging the posts. I do hope @yorkshirerose will be able to advise you further now you have included photos or maybe another member of the forum. Sorry but I have no idea. To me the photos look like something from a horror movie...😟

• For someone who is a member of Gardeners World.com, I find your comments about the photographs inappropriate!
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 4,935
    Everybody talking to you on this forum is a member of the public, @john.white.jw336 - we're enthusiasts, not professionals, and have no connection with Gardener's World other than using their website.

My understanding is that because Busy Lizzies are terrestrial plants, not aquatic ones, they will rot if left under water.  I think those roots stand more chance of producing shoots if repotted into compost...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
    Sorry @john.white.jw336.  :(  I am obviously still learning many things on this forum and now know something about Busy Lizzies. I did at least bump your thread up for you as there had been no response.
  • Dear Liriodendron

Thank you for your response and your thoughts. I find your enlightenment about enthusiasts and professionals interesting. Both of these labels describe human beings and I find some sadly lacking in dignity and respect.

Yours faithfully

John

But clay and clay differs in dignity,

Whose dust is both alike.

WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE, Cymbeline

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,764
    The normal way of rooting a busy lizzie, (Impatiens), is to cut a shoot (about 10cm or four inches) off of the plant with leaves at the top. Detach leaves from the bottom half of the shoot, and stand in a couple of inches of water. The  roots form from the bottom in a couple of weeks. Then pot into compost.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • fidgetbones

Thank you for taking your time reminding me of the ideal way of rooting a busy Lizzie (Impatiens).

I would have followed this procedure however I had no shoots to work from and as I grew the original two plants from seed I wanted to see if I could rejuvenate them.

Please find four photographs attached and I shall keep my fingers crossed.

Yours sincerely

John 

"I can no other answer make but thanks and thanks and ever thanks."

Twelfth Night William Shakespeare