Forum home The potting shed

What is Your Weather Like? Part 5

• Our first day of sunshine this year!  It is glorious outside, no wind just pure blue sky and sunshine.  We have not done any real gardening, just walked around the garden and some of the lanes nearby. So nice to be able to sit with the doors and windows open too, although the temperature will drop drastically tonight.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 5,013
    After another unpromising start (wet & cold) the sun finally appeared about 9.30 am & has only just gone in. Quite a cold wind tho.
    AB Still learning

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,269
    Bright and sunny all day but felt cold, although the weather forecaster said it was 8 deg, it didn't feel like it.
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,332
    Good morning all light cloud and light wind temp 0 to 3c
    Frosty start, rain this afternoon
    Sunrise 8.08
    Sunset 16.29
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    Sunrise: 07:59  Sunset: 16:32 Moon phase: Waxing gibbous 🌔

Dry, some cloud and cool 1°c Breeze E 6mph

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,483
    -2C and the world is white with hoar frost
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,477
    edited January 2019
    We were forecast to be on the edge of the ice warning but we haven’t had the heavy frost or sleet as predicted. Hope anyone with snow and ice is not too disrupted. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 9,666
    I was expecting heavy frost and ice (Glos), but air is dry. Temp around 1 degree at 8am.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 7,559
    Just started snowing here. The Brecon Beacons already had a good coating of white when I went out that way yesterday.
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 962
    Back to the cold dark wet weather, luckily no snow yet, near the coast in South Wales.