Forum home The potting shed

What is Your Weather Like? Part 5

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,229
    It's been very grey and drizzly here all day but reasonably mild.  It's probably raining because I watered my outside pots yesterday! (We hadn't had any rain for nearly 3 weeks).
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    Sunrise: 08:00  Sunset: 16:29 Moon phase: Waxing gibbous 🌔

Grey and overcast had gentle rain all night, 8.4°c, SSW breeze 11mph

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,332
    Good morning all drizzle and light wind temp 8 down to 6c this afternoon.
    Sunrise 8.10
    Sunset 16.26
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,470
    Rain today, dry but a bit colder tomorrow and sleet Friday is the forecast here. 
    Still far too dark in the morning for me.
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 9,561
    I agree AuntyRach, have just opened curtains at 8am and it made no difference at all ! Very grey and gloomy, but the forecast for tomorrow is brighter and getting colder so off to search out fleece for the coldframes today. (Glos)
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,943
    Overcast , rain forecast this afternoon, so just about to clean cars 
    Lincoln 
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,970
    Sunrise: 08:00  
    Sunrise what Sunrise? Still had the lights on till 9am. Dull & dank here again wet too. I hate these dank miserable days give me frost & sunshine anytime.
    AB Still learning

• Dry, dark and slightly colder this morning, and then the long awaited heavy rain came but only for 30 minutes, not enough but perhaps the start of a few heavy showers.  Now all we need is some sunshine - just 5 hours so far this month.  My seedlings are suffering.
  • Rainy here,interspersed with lovely bright sun.
    Yes I agree,very dark mornings!
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,229
    It was nice and sunny this morning which grieved me somewhat, as we had to go out to a lunch time meeting which meant I missed some precious gardening time. However, it started raining over lunch and didn't stop till past 3pm.