How to watch Gardener’s World in the US

haneybd87haneybd87 Posts: 5
edited December 2018 in The potting shed
I’ve been watching Gardener’s World on the Hortus TV streaming service and loving it. We have almost no gardening shows here in the US so this service was a godsend to me. I was recently devastated to find out that Hortus shut down, for good. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to watch Gardener’s World in the United States?

• MarlorenaMarlorena Posts: 1,231
    Not legally, no.. I'm sorry... there are older episodes on You Tube, but not recent...
    I'm surprised you were able to get the streaming service... perhaps they had some kind of contract..  what a pity it shut down for you..  
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 11,701
    You can get most of them, up to 2017 on YouTube. There are even older ones, back to 2005.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
    Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose. 
  • haneybd87haneybd87 Posts: 5
    Wow I never would have expected YouTube to have them. Never even bothered checking there. Thanks!
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 11,701
    Brilliant, hope you find something there you like, the only thing would be getting them in some sort of order, would be nice to watch them as they were shown,  like Spring first then summer etc. perhaps you can sort them out, I just had a quick look. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
    Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose. 
    Yeah I just had a look too, it’s a bit of a mess but better than nothing. I wish the BBC would just let Americans pay for a streaming account or something. Would make them more money and I know the interest is there.
    If you have Netflix you will find some other gardening programmes by the same presenter.... one is called 'Big Dreams, Small Spaces'..   about small gardens.. and some of his international garden visits.
    edited December 2018
    Marlorena said:
    If you have Netflix you will find some other gardening programmes by the same presenter.... one is called 'Big Dreams, Small Spaces'..   about small gardens.. and some of his international garden visits.
    Yep I’ve watched all 3 seasons of Big Dreams, Small Spaces. It was great, I blasted right through that one. That’s how I learned about Gardener’s World. 
    Oh ok... jolly d.... 
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 2,164
    There are ways to watch bbc iplayer from foreign countries. I'm sure only a license fee paying UK native would resort to such methods but proxy servers or VPNs would let them do it with a bit of fiddling about.
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 4,752
    Agree with Marlorena and Lyn that YouTube is the way to go @haneybd87. Lots of British gardening shows on there if you know what to look for.

A quick nosy and I spotted episodes of....
     "The Beechgrove Garden" which has lots of good practical advice, based in Scotland.
     "Garden Rescue", more of a makeover show with garden design ideas.
    And of course old episodes of Gardeners World 😉. Even we don't have any new episodes until 2019 as it's on it's winter break from our screens on the BBC.

Had a nosy on Netflix UK too and saw Big Dreams, Montys French and Italian gardens along with Alan Titchmarshes  "Love your garden",  another makeover show.

I'm sure there are many other shows forum members could suggest, my mind's gone blank at the moment.
    Was there an "A to Z" one from the beeb ???