Forum home The potting shed

Tarw

• PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,052
    Yes, I can see them very well. Lovely.
    SW Scotland
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,347
    That is beautifully done @Valley Gardener. I can certainly make out the seagulls. I think you will have to change the title of the thread in keeping with your paintings.
  • Thank you both of you. 😊
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • @Fran IOM @Purplerain
    I've just been given the hard copy to paint Morwenna,she's only a year old,and belongs to an old man in his eighties. He calls her Wenna after his wife(now gone)
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,981
    edited March 2019
    Whoops,sorry there are two,my connection is very slow thismorning,i i didn't think the first one had gone!  Not a brilliant pic ie. Ears??? Never mind I expect I can do something with it, I hope so anyway😊. 
    I think you will make a good job of Morwena and I am looking forward to seeing the finished article. Good to hear that your hip is less painful today @Valley Gardener.
    SW Scotland
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,347
    @Valley Gardener Judging by your previous portraits of Tarw and Boris I am sure Morwenna will be a winner. Pleased your hip has been eased and hope all goes well with your appointment on Sunday.
  • @Fran IOM@Purplerain
    All was well Sun! Sigh of relief!

Here is "Wenna" as she is nicknamed,just a youngster,so difficult to get a good photo,nevermind,as long as she is a good companion!
    Aww, that is really good @Valley Gardener. It catches Morwena perfectly. You are so talented.
    SW Scotland
  • Thank you so much @Fran IOM and @Purplerain. I'm now trying to get one or two more landscape/seascapes done for the summer exhibition in town. It's just a very small town,but the competition is keen,and the prices resonable. The lady who owns the Art shop,hires a shop for the summer months (also used for Christmas stuff) it costs nothing for hanging space,and she doesn't take a percentage if you sell.
    Our church auctions some that I take,and the people here tend to like mountains,waterfalls etc.   Unlike C of E,the Church in Wales gets no funding,so we're always trying to raise funds to keep up the maintenance.
    I just keep a few on my walls now,old favourites I've had a while.  There's no point in stacking them up in a pile.......just get rid!😊
    I'll try and get my tigers put on......painted over 40 years ago,it's gone with me everywhere!
    Thank you again,it's lovely to have your critique!!😁😁