Forum home The potting shed

Tarw

• PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,052
    Yes, mine is 72/850. That sounds like quite a high run to me but that is what is says. Do you know why artists sign their prints in pencil? @Valley Gardener
    SW Scotland
  • No,I don't know anything about prints,I've seen watercolours signed in pencil though.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • @Purplerain,just googled it.It's because pencil can't be reproduced on computer,therefore making it not so easy for fraud. That must be the same reason for watercolours. Very interesting!
    I just looked at her gallery again and her prices for original oils range from £950 to £6200. She must be well off because much of her work has sold. It must be lovely to make a living out of painting. Do you sell your work? If you don't then I think you should @Valley Gardener
    SW Scotland
  • Wow,how do they get into that sort of money making?

Yes,I've sold a lot of my stuff,but I don't charge much,Boris was £30,that covers the canvas,Gesso,oil paint,and acrylics that I block in with, and liquid medium,plus the stringing. Maybe a few bob for myself,but as long as it covers my costs I'm happy!
    It helps to keep my hobby going. Though years ago I did it for a living,I was a display artist in a bit department store. 
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,347
    @Valley Gardener Have you had any more requests from cat owners? I am sure the word will get around. Maybe you would like a change but the cat portraits were excellent. Should have charged more!  :) 
    I didn't see your post about the pencil. Very interesting and it makes sense. I agree with Fran, you should charge more. 
    SW Scotland
  • This is a biggish canvas,which was painted with blues in mind to go in the guest bedroom! This is my normal style.
    But thinking I might use more dramatic purples and reds, in the style of Pam Carter!!
    Sorry it's a bit blurry,unsteady hands thismorning.😲

That is gorgeous C. x
    SW Scotland
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,981
    edited January 2019
    I'm very fond of lighthouses!@Purplerain, can you make out the seagulls?It's a shame it's so blurry! Cx