Forum homeโ€บ The potting shed

Tarw

• Well we need something when we can't garden!๐Ÿ˜Š
    I've started dabbling with acrylics,I don't find them as easy to use as oils,but the colours are so vibrant. Have a look at Pam Carters.....definitely colourful,not sure if they are oils or acrylics?

The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • Here's one I've just done in acrylics.
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,052
    That's great VG. I think I am going senile though. When you mentioned Pam Carter, I thought I knew the name, but couldn't remember from where. I just walked past a big signed print of hers in the lounge! It's called "Cables and Gables" and my family bought it for my birthday several years ago. I like her work and your new painting reminds me of her.
    SW Scotland
    Here it is. There is a reflection of some paintings on the opposite wall, but you get the idea. ย 
    SW Scotland
  • That's [email protected]! I love her work,she does unexpected colours!
    I've been trying to find out what medium she uses,as her paintings are so vibrant.
    I can't get those shades with oils,so now trying my best at acrylics.
    Carole x
    She seems to work in oil, but also uses acrylic and watercolour. I agree that to get the vibrant colours she probably uses acrylic a lot. I was looking again at my photo and it is brighter in real life, and her signature has vanished, but it is there..in pencil.ย 

I found this link for you:ย https://pamcarter.co.uk/about-scottish-landscape-artist/
    SW Scotland
  • Thank you so much @Purplerain,that's great to have that info.I used to live in Scotland,and would have loved to have gone to a gallery that exhibits her work!
    She looks a nice lady too!ย  As you say,mainly oils.
    I'm going to have to experiment with some colour mixing,to get that vibrancy!!!
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,981
    edited January 2019
    I was looking for your print on Pinterest @Purplerain. She's certainly painted very prolifically,there are so many that are similar,she must turn out one every day!!๐Ÿ˜Š
    The boat scenes with harbours probably take much longer.
    Yes, I think she just does a few strokes and suddenly she has made a lovely painting ๐Ÿ˜€.
    SW Scotland
  • "Gables and cables"! Found it! Gosh is yours a limited edition? @Purplerain