Forum home The potting shed

Tarw

• Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,347
    @Valley Gardener. What's not to like about your painting of Boris! It's beautiful and I'm sure his "Dad" will love it. You have been so quick with his portrait as I thought it would be some time before we got to see it. Well done!  :)
  • Heaven save me from white cats! Guinea pigs could be next! Thank you for your comments,I don't mind criticism either........
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
    Nothing to criticise!  :)
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,052
    edited January 2019
    @Fran IOM I agree. Good artists, be it painting, music, acting etc, always worry about that one bad comment despite a thousand good ones. 

Personally, I would avoid saying anything if I did not love your work VG.

SW Scotland
  • Thank you both of you,I should have said constructive crit..... My OH is good at that,he sometimes spots things I've missed!
  • Well his Mum came to pick up the painting,and was overcome with it!!!! Couldn't wait to get it home for her hubby. I was so relieved as I'd spent a lot of time trying to get him "right"Phew!
    So pleased for you @Valley Gardener! You had nothing to worry about and no doubt you will get some feedback from Boris's "Dad"  :) Wonder what Boris thinks of it....

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,105
    You have a real talent @Valley Gardener. How long does a typical painting take you? I would love to be able to paint - I have done some in the past but my inability to draw hinders things somewhat! 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,981
    edited January 2019
    @AuntyRach.......It depends on size of canvas,Boris was on 16" x12",Tarw was "12" square. They took about 10 hours,Boris a bit longer as he was more difficult!! Or I was more anxious to get it right for his Dad!! 
    If you fancy doing watercolours,I would suggest looking at Frank Clarke.....hes fantastic,and you don't need to be able to draw!!!
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,105
    Must be satisfying VG and then more so if you have a good reaction from the owner. 
    I do have some watercolours as I dabbled in some botanical pictures many moons ago - might dig them out and try something a bit more free-flowing than accurate detailing maybe. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales.