Forum home The potting shed

Tarw

• This is Boris....a very old (and dare I say ugly) Siamese!
    Hope to make a start on him tomorrow!
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,347
    He certainly looks old @Valley Gardener but no cat is ugly! :/ He looks as though he could tell a few stories and Boris certainly suits him. I am sure you will be able to capture his rather sad look. Personally I think he's lovely and looks as though he needs some TLC.  :)
  • The painting is to be a surprise present for his "Dad" who idolises him! I'm getting used to his boney looks now!
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,052
    I am looking forward to seeing your painting of Boris. He seems quite satisfied with himself in that photograph. I bet the hours fly by when you are painting VG.
    SW Scotland
  • @Purplerain, it's the best way to lose weight as I forget to eat!!
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,009
    Boris is lovely and typical of the 'new' breed Siamese with an over-pointed face and big ears. I much prefer the old breed standards which are now making a come-back where the face is not quite so 'pointy'.
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Here is Boris,the most difficult cat I've ever had the pleasure of painting!If his owner doesn't like it then it will go in the summer exhibition in town..........i'm not altering anything,had enough!😊😊
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,981
    edited January 2019
    @Purplerain
    The owner told me the colour of his eyes as the photo wasn't good,just showed them as a black area.It's to be a surprise for her husband (his cat) I just hope she's not expecting an exact photographic image!!!😀😀😀
  • @Fran IOM .I included you but don't know where it's gone!! Sorry!
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,052
    @Valley Gardener I think you have caught Boris very well. The painting looks as if you have had no trouble at all, and I am sure his owner will love it.
    SW Scotland