Recommend seed feeder

Hello peeps! Posting here on behalf of my nan who needs a new seed feeder. She needs one that not only stops squirrels but provides excellent protection from rain. 

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 2,641

Expensive, especially with the rain guard, but don't forget the 10% discount you get from GW magazine subscription.

• RubyLeafRubyLeaf Posts: 173

Expensive, especially with the rain guard, but don't forget the 10% discount you get from GW magazine subscription.
    The 2nd link isn't working :(
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 2,641
    Odd. Type squirrel buster weather guard into their search and it'll find it.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 23,417
    I find a good way to keep rain off is to put the feeder in, or near, a decent evergreen if you can manage it. As long as you can leave a gap, or prune a bit away so that you can watch them feeding, that works very well most of the time  :)
    Mine is inside a cage which has a green roof, so it's completely protected from the weather, but even a simple little pitched roof made of timber or similar will help keep seed dry. Is there anyone handy enough who could rig up something like that, Ruby?

Oh the devil in me said, go down to the shed
    I know where I belong

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 12,812
    Lidl have got the ones I use, seed will stay dry and squirrel proof, I’m hoping they will be starling proof. £3.99.  They have seed, nuts and fall ball feeders. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,227
    I've just had to bring in my feeder with sunflower hearts as it's so clogged with wet,i only gave it a dry off 2 days ago! The blasted thing is squirrel proof,and cost £18, but boy,does it get wet! So thank you for the evergreen idea Fairygirl,i I have it hanging on an arch,so I'm going to gather some conifer branches and tie them over chicken wire,which is already there to keep the Jackdaws off! Why does it get so complicated to feed a few birds?!
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 2,855
    I use the squirrel-proof bird feeders from Homegar. They are expensive at £24.99 (maybe a presie?) but are weather, squirrel, rat and big bird proof and have a 2 year guarantee. They are large so you don't need to refill them so often and completely come apart for easy washing - something the others don't do. Homgar have just brought out a fat ball feeder as well.
    I can't recommend them highly enough (and I have no connection with the company).   
  • RubyLeafRubyLeaf Posts: 173
    Wild Edges, thats perfect but really expensive! I'm not too keen on spending that much + the weather guard.

Lizzie27 thanks for that, but just two ports wouldn't be enough. My nan gets a TON of birds :)