Who has a sneaky squirrel in their garden?

yorkshireroseyorkshirerose North YorkshirePosts: 214
This cheeky little chap comes daily to our bird feeders. He's managed to unhook one hanging further down the garden, but has not yet found out how to remove the window feeder!
A gardener's work is never at an end  - (John Evelyn 1620-1706)

• It looks like he is giving it a jolly good tug though.   I don't think it will be too long before that feeder hits the ground yorkshirerose.
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 949
    How could you get cross with him! Mind you we don't have them here so it could be a different story if we did. 
  • IamweedyIamweedy Cheshire East. Posts: 1,330
    They really annoy me. They dig up my bulbs and throw the soil about when they are trying to find where it left its acorn or peanuts. Half chewed bulbs. as well, 

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,545
    Squirrel proof feeders here for the peanuts and suet slices .  I’ve enough to do keeping up the feeding with millions of starlings. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 24,014
    I stopped feeding peanuts a long while ago, and they can't get into the seed feeders I have, so they don't come in very often, although they do have a go at the small bulbs now and again.

Plenty of other food available for them round here, in the way of pine cones etc,  which helps.  :)
    And somewhere on the hill
    Inside the past we hear the bells
    Catching only parts of thoughts
    And fragments of ourselves
    Till we begin
    Again

• My bird feeders are tied to a long thin branch that won't bear the weight of a squirrel so they don't bother here either.  Although I have given up planting tulips.
    I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be grumpy
    When the sun shines out your bum!
  • BurtsnestBurtsnest North westPosts: 165
    edited December 2018
    We have a few cheecky squirrels. I caught one last week eating the flower buds of my camellia.  😡 They dig up my boarders and plant pots have demolished all kinds of bird feeders and are a general nuisance.  I gave up trying to deter them when I saw one slowly swagger past next doors cat. Even the cat looked like it had had enough 🙄 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 24,014
    They can be a total pain in the ring B'nest. I don't have too many issues here with them, as I already said, but I know how devastating, and frustrating, their damage is.  :(
    And somewhere on the hill
    Inside the past we hear the bells
    Catching only parts of thoughts
    And fragments of ourselves
    Till we begin
    Again

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,611
    An air rifle works a treat.
    Devon.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 2,924
    Hostafan1 said:
    An air rifle works a treat.
    I'll drink to that :)

Sorry I saw these the other day. They're in rather pour taste, sorry, poor taste but this post reminded me. It was a limited edition beer sold in taxidermy animals (road kill not hunted). £500 a bottle apparently :o