Forum home Garden design

Resurrection of. “Show us yer baubles”

• Thank you AnniD & purplerallim, I prefer the traditional red and green theme - it seems homely and comforting to me, my daughters prefer purple, blue, silver and white.
    I am now going to show you our daughter's partner's handiwork - they share our driveway and we share the cost.  We do get quite a few favourable comments from passers-by although I think it looks more like Las Vegas!
  • greenlovegreenlove Posts: 164
    edited December 2018
    Bit late but here are mine:

A royal one this year

Happy New Year everyone.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 15,107

Missed this thread. What gorgeous decorations you have!

Here are mine, a bit late.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,849
    Really enjoyed all the pics - thanks for sharing. I will miss my tree and lights when they go (probably Thursday). I might keep some of the non-Christmassy but Winter-themed candles out and make a fresh vase of garden greenery so it won’t feel so bare. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845
    And now the end is near!  It’s almost, if not done already,time to wrap up and store all decorations away until next year.  There may be a few missing courtesy of exuberant little hands or even over excited waggely tails.  There will also be new ones that create memories and will take their place on the tree next year.

If you had a real tree that cant be planted out please dispose of it responsibly.  Many councils offer collection.

thanks for participating in the fun of this seasonal thread!
    Happy New Year!
    Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 508
    Pretty deco everyone. Adding mine even if it is really late.
    Lovely tree as the  finale, thank you Jacqui
    A A Milne
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,259
    Love this thread, even if I have come to it very late ☺️

Ours will be staying up til twelfth night ....so still a few more days left 🎄🎄🎄
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
    Well done Chicky, lovely tree. We used to always leave till 12th night when family at home! Hope you and yours all enjoyed the festivities 
    A A Milne
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,259
    Thanks LilyP - we had a lovely time.  My favourite time of the year 😀😀😀😀......(although I like spring and summer too - just for different reasons 🌸🌼)
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.