Forum home Garden design

Resurrection of. “Show us yer baubles”

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,849
    I love all the memories associated with tree decorations and other Crimbo stuff. I bet everyone has at least one naff or random item though?? 

I bought a set of home made decorations at a charity fayre once - a lovely felt Christmas tree, crochet Christmas pud and... a PINK OWL!  Love it though! 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,355
    Ooh - brilliant purchase, AuntyR. Nothing says Christmas like a festive pink owl  :D
    I particularly like his purple 'tufts'   ;)
    You're all very organised and prompt with your decorating. I got the tree in and up yesterday so it looks fairly happy and wil lget some lights and whatnot today, if I can summon the energy.
    I have a couple of glass vases filled with baubles sitting beside it, which were spares from when we had smaller trees for a while. My ex came to pick up daughters last night and said 'are you just going for the deconstructed look this year?'
    He makes a good point. I may start a new fashion..... ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,161
    Nah, the blingier the better Fairygirl,
    Make it the most blingtastic tree ever ! 
    Love the pink owl too  :)
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,028
    Many of our Christmas decorations were bought as holiday souvenirs though I admit I now struggle to remember the provenance of many of them.

As for the owl, AuntyR, the best thing about it is that you only have to have it out for three weeks a year! But there is only one thing that matters and that is that it pleases you. It is like when people criticise others for watching reality TV or certain magazines etc - if they give pleasure where’s the harm?
    Exactly @Picidae .
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,505
    We have a lot of decorations of dubious quality, but I could never bring myself to throw them out because they are full of family memories.  They include a hanging star made by me and decorated by my then 3-year-old son for his baby sister, which I'm going to hang up for our one-year-old grandson to admire this Christmas...   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,028
    I don’t know about dubious taste but this cat decoration is a favourite

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,849
    Love that @Picidae! He looks very pleased with himself 😂 Ta-da! 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
    It took me a while to work him out, and then l saw his little face. Certainly different, in a good way  :)
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 3,295
    Just finished both trees. My traditional one and the crystal tree in the conservatory .
    Two pictures as lit it's harder to photo .