Fence/Boundary

My next door neighbour has an extension which now covers their drive and they park at the front of their house (2 cars). the extension stops at i'm guessing the boundary. They have now built a fence and instead of it lining up with the extension they have built it into the boundary between the 2 houses and goes down the side of the extension. 

Anybody know if they are allowed to do this? 

pain getting my car on the drive now

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 22,436
    You'll need to determine the actual boundary first,  by looking at the deeds of the properties concerned. If the fence is still within their boundary, there's nothing you can do.
    If they're blocking access to your drive, that's certainly an issue that needs addressed,  but I'm not sure if you mean that. 
    There's a gypsy down on Bleecker Street
    I went in to see her as a kind of joke
    And she lit a candle for my love luck
    And eighteen bucks went up in smoke

• KT53KT53 Posts: 2,650
    Generally buildings are not permitted to overhang adjoining property so the wall may not be on the boundary line.  Any overhanging roof or gutter would also need to be within their boundary so check the line of those.
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,345
    Without knowing the age of the properties, just check out Flying Freehold before you go too far.
    If this doesn't apply, then Fairy and KT are correct - tho proving your case may not be as simple as you would think.
    Best of luck :)