Forum home Plants

Help to identify this garden plant

nicxr007nicxr007 ColombiaPosts: 5

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 66,268
    One of the hypericum family. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 6,571
    I second that.
  • blackstartblackstart WarwickshirePosts: 13
    Looks like it could be Hypericum 'Hidcote'.

Blackstart
  • blackstart....please bear in mind that plants posted by nicxr007 are all from Colombia.
    So it could be any Hypericum sp.
    I would be rather surprised if Hypericum hidcote has made it over there.
    Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
  • blackstartblackstart WarwickshirePosts: 13
    Hi SS, how do you find out.  There is nothing on my screen to indicate where the op is posting from?

Cheers

Blackstart
  • Silver surferSilver surfer Posts: 2,785
    edited November 2018
    nicxr007 also posts on a USA forum .... The National Gardening Association..often the same plant as on here. On that site it shows that he/she  is bases in Colombia.

Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
  • Silver surferSilver surfer Posts: 2,785
    edited November 2018
    P.S.
    I find it extremely  useful when forums make it compulsory  for members to show the general area where they live.
    The internet is global...people world wide now post questions and answer them.
    After all ...how does someone in Russia know Gardens World forum  is a UK based forum...especially with the word WORLD in the title.
    Even in UK there is a world of difference to a plant  found on the Scilly Isles v John O'Groats in Caithness in the very North of Scotland.

It would be really good if Gardens World web designers could make this modification.

While on my soap box...
    Another excellent feature on some forums...they  have a tick box for LIKE and AGREE at the bottom
    This saves several people all adding their duplicate posts in agreement to the first answer.
    On some sites you can find up to 6 identical posts all saying exactly the same!
    With a tick box  you can have several people who agree with the first answer showing as a  tick....meaning that the answer is more than likely correct.
    It is very different if folk wish to add further info/helpful advise.
    Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
  • yorkshireroseyorkshirerose North YorkshirePosts: 572
    Well said Silver surfer. I used to submit to the NGA (under a different username) and found it quite well organised and easy to use.
    Unfortunately my old SamsungNC10 no longer updates and I have lost the connection to the NGA
    A gardener's work is never at an end  - (John Evelyn 1620-1706)
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,520
    nicxr007 also posts on a USA forum .... The National Gardening Association..often the same plant as on here. On that site it shows that he/she  is bases in Colombia.

Yes - but blackstart doesn't know that, as he indicated, Nor do I, and probably loads of other folk.
    Therefore his plant suggestion was perfectly valid.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Fairygirl said:

Yes - but blackstart doesn't know that, as he indicated, Nor do I, and probably loads of other folk.
    Therefore his plant suggestion was perfectly valid.  :)
    Sorry if that came over as rude...no offence intended blackstart.
    I also picked it up from another thread on this forum.

Perthshire. SCOTLAND .