Resurrected Sixty-Four!

CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 3,358
Here we go again!
Miss Vaaaaaaaaaanjie

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 12,950
    Thank you, Chey.😊

(Glad that I didn’t have to do that).😁

Good morning all.

Off to have the car serviced so up with the lark. Well, before the lark, even.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 20,453
    You started this one way too early Chey. We were only up to 973 ish and we wait until 1000 or much nearer
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • ForestedgeForestedge Posts: 3,095
    Morning!
  • Hazel 1Hazel 1 Posts: 1,136
    Morning all.
    It rained really hard last night and the wind got up. It supposedly going to reach 7 today but feel like 3! 
    LB, Cheys  only trying to help! Thank you Chey, I wouldn’t know how to do it at all.Doesnt matter whether it’s late or early.
  • Hazel 1Hazel 1 Posts: 1,136
    Just bumping this is up over Res 63 ..........
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 2,554
    Thanks Hazel
  • ForestedgeForestedge Posts: 3,095
    Off out in a mo for a morning walk.  Not sure what to have for lunch - what are you all having to give me ideas?
  • LantanaLantana Posts: 5,121
    Morning all. Thanks Chey, new Rez, new day. 

The day here is dark, windy, a mix of sleet and hailstones and I have a feeling that our dog walk may be slightly later than usual. Meeting up with the kids later for an early evening meal - just a carvery thing while we sort out C*****s arrangements. All meeting together this year at older son’s and the division of labour and who’s bringing what needs to be sorted before younger son goes off on hols in a few days. Lucky s*d😁

Pansy, will you have to hand around while the car is serviced or is there somewhere you can go to wander?

Hope MU’s snurfing has decreased a bit. Sounds like this is a bad one she’s got. 

Have a good day everyone.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 13,718
    Morning all.
    Fingers crossed that car servicing goes without a hitch Pansy.
    Sorry about your weather Lants. Dry and sunny here but cold.
    SW Scotland
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 12,950
    Ho ho ho. So glad I don’t own a car or, worse still, have to drive an unfamiliar one. They gave us a courtesy car. Same brand, just much much newer and a totally different model. We have an automatic, this was manual. Nothing was in the same place or format as our own car. Ours is a sit up and beg 4x4 style, this was a boy racer, lie on your back and admire the stars style. 

When they handed it over to us, it was lashing with rain. They gave Mr. M the keys and, from the comfort of their office, pointed it out to him in the car park. Out we trudged. The door refused to open. We discovered that you have to click the key twice, not once. Then the driver’s door opened but nothing else. More clicking. Inside, it was like Disneyland. Lights everywhere, Radio One music blaring. Every button pushed or slider slid produced booming voices barking instructions from hidden speakers. 

They gave us enough petrol for precisely 30 miles, mean bastards, so the first job was to put something in it. Found a petrol station. Pulled up at the pump, on the wrong side of course. Finally managed to reverse to the other side of the pump after finding that the car had locked the handbrake on automatically and to release it you had to pull a little flappy lever between the two seats. Of course you do. No sign of a flappy lever to open the petrol cap. By this time we had a queue of rush hour drivers behind us, all knowing exactly how to fill their own cars with petrol and willing us to shift our ar### out of the way.

We sat in our spot while I got the owner’s manual out. Page 634. Ahem, sorry everybody, you are just going to have to wait while Pansyface reads two pages of guff telling her how to open the petrol cap. Turned out that there was no petrol cap. You have to press a part of the car body with your fingers, near where (in an ideal world) you might expect there to be a petrol cap, and heigh presto a hole appears where the pump nozzle may be inserted.

The rest of the journey home was much the same. We got back completely exhausted. Can’t wait to go back in the dark with the added frisson of trying to turn the lights on.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.