Forum home Tools and techniques

Hydroshot

FirecrackerFirecracker East Lancashire.Posts: 256
After wanting to get a more powerful garden hose gun, (can't find one to suit)I wondered about a Works hydroshot! Has anyone had experience of this tool? I want it to blast bird and Hedgehog droppings from the yard area, to save dragging my cumbersome pressure washer round. Any thoughts from the GW forum team? before spending £100 +.

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,519
    Use a yard brush and hose (or bucket of rain water)? Hedgehog droppings can't be that stubborn. :/
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,809
    Looks like a pressure washer to me.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • FirecrackerFirecracker East Lancashire.Posts: 256
    I can manage with a powerful hose gun like the one I had(now broken) I can't find one anywhere near as good(I've bought about three that aren't as fine a jet) we're not on a water meter so I'll just have to use more water. I wondered if anyone had experience of the Hydroshot?
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 3,881
    I know what you mean about the usual corded pressure washers being a bit cumbersome, plus I always seem to get the electric cord and hose tangled up!

No experience of this tool, sorry, but looked it up out of interest and it does get mainly positive reviews. The key to battery powered tools is the power of the battery, funnily enough! The wattage/ah (thus how powerful is it), how long does a single charge last and how long does it take to recharge? If my Ryobi strimmer is anything to go by, a  20V lithium iron battery would get you around 15 minutes use before taking nearly an hour to recharge. Fine if you have a small yard and your not trying to blast off years of grime - the convenience factor might make it worth it.

On the other end of the scale, my 56V/5ah Ego multitool battery gives me a good 50 minutes of use and is super-fast to recharge.

If you take the plunge, let us know what it’s like!