Heuchera identity

RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 870
Are there any Heuchera fans (heucheraholics?) out there.
I bought a mis labelled one the other day, had a label but it is wrong I think. It was the last plant of a mixed tray from a supermarket. It had Indian Summer on the label which when I got home and looked it up realized it is a mix/series.  Also had the word Tapestry on one link which looks more a sharper and deeper cut leaf heucherella.

I think this might be one called Green Spice.   The pale parts of the leaf that look grey are actually soft hairs, that give it that white "bloom" to the leaf.  

Also the darker slight different green on the edge I hope you can see.
Thank you for any help with identifying this, though i kind of don't mind not knowing, I really like it.

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 1,687
    There are so many cultivars of Heucheras, plus the fact that each cultivar (and each specimen) will show different colours throughout the year, according to its position relative to the sun/shade... All this makes it difficult to identify them with certainty.
    Anyway, I've had H. 'Green Spice' and agree that yours looks a lot like that cultivar.
    You will find lots of reliable info on the Heuchera test pages of the Mount Cuba website at https://mtcubacenter.org/trials/heuchera/.
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 731
    Hi Rubytoo. Heucheras are one of my favourite plants and I have quite a few growing on the allotment. They all have their labels but the weather won't allow me to go there today. At first it looks like Americano but when I googled "different types of heucheras" and went into images there were so many different varieties and a lot of them look very similar but maybe have different coloured flowers when in season. Someone out there may know the name straight away as I am no expert just very fond of them.  :)
    Papi Jo snuck in there while I was posting so you may have your answer now. 
    Good website @Papi Jo. Didn't realise there were so many different varieties. Had promised myself I wouldn't buy any more as they do spread out well and I don't really have the room. Even the flowers on them look good when they are past their best. Think you may be buying more @Rubytoo?  :)
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 870
    Thanks @Papi Jo and @Fran IOM
    Papi good site I will have a download and peruse. I realized there are a few cultivars (ha ha!) when trying to find the above one.
    So thank you for your input, because I do appreciate it can be hard to tell a close similar variety.
    Fran behave!  :D I am trying to resist. I kept meaning to get a few more hence grabbing that one because it is really nice.
    They are great plants. I have had Palace purple for years, the first I ever had . There are better these days but out of a loyalty because it has always been reliable even when forgotten there is still the odd clump that gets refreshed every so often.
    Chocolate Ruffles does well in dappled shade which we have a lot of here, and I like the flowers. 
    Fran IOM said:
     Even the flowers on them look good when they are past their best. Think you may be buying more @Rubytoo?  :)
    You saying about the flowers made me realize, they do don't they?
    And thanks for the pointer about the flowers helping with the identity too.

I think a few more well chosen ones could be on my wish list. Something grey metallic silvery for starters.......
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 23,265
    If either of you would like a little bit of my Solar Eclipse, just let me know. I split the large one I bought, and have a few little plants in small pots.  :)
    This is what it looks like

Oh the devil in me said, go down to the shed
    I know where I belong

@Fairygirl That is very kind offer.
     I just realized I managed to post this in the wild life section. Doh!
    @Fairygirl. It would be lovely to have a solar eclipse to add to my collection. Do I just need to send a PM with my address and what about postage? 
    @Rubytoo. I have just checked what I have bought over the past few months and it amounts to 12! Don't have Green Spice but just looked on my favourite website and they have it for sale!. The S*c**t Gardening Club. Very reliable and anything 10 pounds or over is postage free. The plants come almost fully grown and very healthy. I have nothing but praise for them. 
    @Fairygirl I hope you won't be offended if I decline your kind offer. But thank you anyway :)

@Fran IOM it is no good afraid diagnosis is you are turning into a hopeless case :D
    12 this past few months and the rest.
    @Rubytoo. I realise I have an addiction and always hope no one is around when they are delivered as it is "Wot more plants"! ☺️