Forum home Plants

ID three plants from images

jamesharcourtjamesharcourt West SussexPosts: 465
I'd really like to ID these plant varieties from the leaves if anybody could have a shot.  

Acer Palmatum 1 (a dissectum of some sort):

Acer Palmatum 2 (a non dissected leaf):

Fern:

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,964
    There are literally hundreds of Japanese Maple cultivars , and I would hate to even hazard a guess ! Good luck with that one .
    The fern looks like Dryopteris affinis 'The King' ; commonly planted in gardens , this cristate form apparently comes true from spores , hence its widespread distribution .
    Sorry can't be more help .
  • 1. Acer palmatum dissectum atropurpurea..a maple with purple cut leaves.
    If grafted it may be a named cultivar of which there are dozens of possibilities.
    2.  Pic not very clear.
    3.  Possibly Dryopteris affinis Cristata The King.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dryopteris+affinis+Cristata+The+King&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwja_J6rmbTeAhXk4IUKHXjWCKQQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=944
    Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,862
    edited November 2018
    I think the fern is Dryopteris affinis " Cristata the king."  The split ends are quite distinctive.

1st acer might be Acer palmatum dissectum "Garnet"
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • jamesharcourtjamesharcourt West SussexPosts: 465
    Thanks folks, appreciate it.  
    The middle green Acer is a bit of a longshot I release that, but if it helps it has quite light green bark and is fairly vigorous for an Acer.