Forum home Problem solving

Returfing garden

13»

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 40,680
    Good stuff - that's more like it. It does have to be firmed in , and I'd expect them to know that. Once firmed, it gets raked over  and levelled before the turf's laid.
    Hopefully you can be there to oversee it too  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,355
    Ah yes, Geoff Hamilton and the "Gardeners' Dance" . Gawd bless him  :)
  • Job is going well. They've raked and picked out stones, then laid new 'sandyish' topsoil and levelled again. They trod it down and then lightly raked before laying turf. They've finished about a quarter of it. I'll post a piccy tomorrow, when it will hopefully be finished.
    Glad it's being resolved. Hope it turns out well for you  :)

• Thanks Fairygirl.

I've had the sprinkler on most of the newly laid turf. I want it to get the best start possible.

My initial fears were unfounded, or maybe my questioning made them realise I wouldn't accept a bodge job. Either way, I'm happy now. :)
    I'd have felt suspicious too. No matter how well off anyone is, getting work done is expensive, and it's only right that you get what you pay for.
    Your questioning possibly made the difference  :)

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,355
    Yes, l agree. Glad it's going well. It doesn't hurt to show an interest, it's your money after all !
  • jamesharcourtjamesharcourt West SussexPosts: 463
    Yep this is what I'd expect.   I had mine re-turfed in January this year and by early May it was so pristine I just didn't want to walk on it but couldn't avoid it in the end!
  • The job isn't finished yet. I'll post a piccy when it's done.