Forum home Plants

himalayan honeysuckle white flowers

2»

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,421
    there must have been flowers or there would be no berries. 

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,813
    In May I had gout for the first time and was laid up for about 4 or 5 weeks and I think that maybe I just did not see the flowers as I could not get to Lottie...the allotment

This is a bit like Poirot............The Case of the Disappearing Flowers

Thanks all.
    Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.
    Sounds painful Newboy, that probably explains it though

Thank you nut

Today is an exciting day in Bristol as i am expecting a delivery of bagged manure at 12.00 !!

80 bags of loveliness B)
    :) 

• Papi JoPapi Jo Posts: 4,213
    NewBoy2 said:
    In May I had gout for the first time and was laid up for about 4 or 5 weeks and I think that maybe I just did not see the flowers as I could not get to Lottie...the allotment.
    Ouch, that hurts. Had 2 fits of gout myself some years ago and am hoping to never get it again. Unfortunately I crave for most of the types of food that should be avoided in that case (except for organ meats, turkey and herring). :(
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
    My downfall was spending 4 weeks at Lottie going from 3 large beds to 8 x 4 foot beds and only drinking coffee and NO WATER

It was dehydration so I watch my water intake carefully so when ever I am going out and I know I will be sweating say on a long walk I fuel up with pints 

Its not the pain but also not being able to do stuff that swear word me
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,011
    OH takes a daily pill to counteract inherited gouty tendencies.  Works well as he hates not being active when he wants to be out playing golf, walking the dogs messing in teh garden.   

When we moved here I was having moules frites far too often - once a year in Belgium where the mussels tend to be big, flabby Zeeland things - but I've had to limit myself and up the turmeric as it had a devastating effect on my hands.   

Being out of action in May is a recipe for missing loads of flowers and blossom but it's kind of obvious they were there if you have seeds and berries now.
    Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw