How do the clock changes affect you?

madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,787
Going back and 'gaining' an hour in the Autumn always does my head in!
It can take two weeks or so for me to get back on track,I never know if it is early or late or whatever.
Going forward and 'losing' an hour in Spring never has the same effect.
Anyone else get disorientated like this?
“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,255
    Makes no difference to me at all but the cat is sitting here looking longingly at me for his 11pm meal. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,771
    I think quite a few people do. Lots of people argue for staying at BST. I have to say I prefer GMT at this point in the year because I have early starts many days and I find getting up in the dark worse than a shorter afternoon. 

It messes with the dogs' heads a bit - they like their meal times to be punctual. But I'm generally a bit 'meh' about it. It's fine that it changes. It wouldn't be a big concern to me if it didn't.

Wha-eva

You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away and know when to run
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,371
    Dogs for me too.  Where's our supper?

Not bothered about the early dark afternoon as we have finally got some rain - not a lot but enough to keep me indoors and out of the now howling wind and shutters closed early anyway.  Might be a different story driving home from patchwork in the dark tomorrow pm.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,568
    As a sleepaholic, I love the extra hour in bed, and grumble in the spring when I have to get up earlier. Don't know if it applies throughout the NHS, but in the trust I worked for, we didn't get paid the extra hour if we worked a night shift the night the clocks go back and you work the same hour twice. I always wondered what would happen if a woman gave birth to twins, one before the clocks changed and one after, would the first born be the younger?
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,660
    ROSPA say that leaving BST would save between 80 and 100 lives a year.
    https://www.rospa.com/campaigns-fundraising/current/lighter-evenings/

Devon.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,846
    I’m fine with it but yes, the dogs don’t like it, I have to gradually adjust their dinner time over a week or so before they stop mithering for food
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,969
    How does it affect me? 
    It really doesn't - never has  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,437
    I remember when they tried an experiment in the early 70s of not changing the clocks. We were walking to school in the dark (and that was down South). Most kids today seem to get ferried there by bus or car (unless that's a sweeping generalisation!), so it wouldn't make much difference to them. I think the argument was that people in the North of Scotland would be living in constant darkness if they didn't change.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,523
    Fairygirl said:
    How does it affect me? 
    It really doesn't - never has  :)
    Same here. No effect whatsoever. I really don’t notice it.  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,660
    We all have to put our lights on an hour earlier so , at the very least ,we're giving more money to the electricity companies.
    Maybe I'm the only person who objects to this. hey ho.
    Devon.