what kind of chairs should be placed in my garden?

Hii. I'm working on my garden renovation. Like a small coffee garden. I have already completed the planting works. Now I'm planning to place a few chairs and a table. What kind of chairs should I use? ant idea? :):) 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,594
    It depends on your style of garden and the space and funds available. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,692
    I like folding chairs that can be brought inside without taking up too much space over the winter. Wooden ones preferably.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,594
    That's what we have @wild edges ... but they never get brought in ... there's so many sunny mornings, even in mid winter, when a cuppa in the garden is just what you need ... we fold them up and prop them against the table ... which again is wooden ... that stays out all year round too ... we bought the set second hand in 2011 ... there've been a few running repairs ... an occasional screw and a bit of wood glue here and there, but they're still perfectly fine.  We just brush them down in the spring with a stiff brush and off we go again ........  B)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,251
    Wooden furniture is a no no here. As soon as you turn your back on it, it's covered in the most divine lichen, then you feel guilty if you sit on it.
    Devon.
  • DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730
    I've got coated aluminium which are left out all the time. They are heavy - an advantage for me as my garden is exposed to NW winds - and rust proof obviously.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,674
    Whatever sort you go for now is a good time to buy.The end of the summer means that garden centres etc are getting rid of stock so good offers usually abound!!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • MarlorenaMarlorena East AngliaPosts: 2,581
    As the member is in Canada, I would say whatever you can get locally that suits your climate, which can be quite severe in winter, obviously...
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,708
    I've got coated aluminium as well, a small round table and 2 chair set which is left out all year round, as Dove says, very handy for the occasional quick cup of coffee. We were so pleased with our set, we bought another for the shady courtyard round the corner! Had them for at least 8 years now, good quality and wind proof.
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 834
    We have Kettler metal chairs and tables. They remain out all year and still look as if they’re brand new.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,980
    I don't sit for any length of time, but I have a bench I inherited which gets annihilated by the weather every year, and therefore needs treating every year as I don't like those covers you can get.  I'm considering getting a little metal bistro set.  

However, it's very much a personal decision, including  taking the weather into consideration - especially if you have nowhere to store furniture easily undercover.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....