mystery plants

Hi all! First post so I hope I am posting the images the right size- please advise if not!! We have just moved house and have spotted some plants that I am unsure the names of. Any ideas? Thank you in advance! 
Plant 1: (close up and full view)

Plant 2:

(close up above, full size below)

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,633
    1st one a Ribes of some kind. Probably a flowering currant. Easier to tell when in flower in the Spring.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,877
    Sorry, photos are too big for me to download, but then I have feeble Internet.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Oh no Busy sorry! I will make them smaller next time!

Thanks Fidget-I thought it was a currant (based on internet research of leaf shape!) but there was no fruit on it when we went to see it in July.. do some not fruit or do conditions have to be right every year?
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,004
    edited October 2018
    The flowering currant fidget's talking about doesn't have fruit s.sky - it has dangly pink flowers in spring. Ribes sanguineum
    Not the most attractive plant in the world, but some people like it, and it's certainly very popular. I don't like the combo of the dusky pink with all the yellow around at the same time  ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,652
    Well, they do have fruit Fairy :) ,   but not many, certainly not pleasant to eat and the blackbirds usually get them before we notice them.
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,751
    Number 2 looks like a Philadelphus of some kind .
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,004
    Well, they do have fruit Fairy :) ,   but not many, certainly not pleasant to eat and the blackbirds usually get them before we notice them.
    I've never seen fruit  on them Dove - probably just assumed they didn't have them!
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,652
    Fairygirl said:
    I've never seen fruit  on them Dove - probably just assumed they didn't have them!
    Maybe it's too grim up north where you are  ;) ... but we get lots of self-seeded ones down here, from the blackbird droppings.  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• starryskystarrysky Posts: 24
    edited October 2018
    ah thanks all! Any thoughts on the second plant?
  • Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,751
    Look at posting @ 18.40pm!