Forum home The potting shed

New gardening tools?

• B3B3 Posts: 19,408
    Electric muddy shoe scraper
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Electric weed zapper. A hot needle thing that you could insert into the centre of a lawn or paving weed
  • DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730
    B3 said:
    Electric weed zapper. A hot needle thing that you could insert into the centre of a lawn or paving weed
    Yes, I'd buy one of those. 
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,066
    I think you lot are getting cheeky now, mind you, doing a project on gardening tools, and you arent into gardening.  I have grass edge cutters, with small blades attachment for cutting small hedges, re-chargable and is brilliant. 
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,146
    Wot? Cheeky me? o:)
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 4,881
    I think you lot are getting cheeky now, mind you, doing a project on gardening tools, and you arent into gardening.  I have grass edge cutters, with small blades attachment for cutting small hedges, re-chargable and is brilliant. 
    I have one of those too.
    The weed zapper sounds good but would it cook the weeds enough to kill the roots, without having to stand there for ages?  An old friend of mine used to use a flamethrower-type thing to burn off weeds from paths, block paving etc but it just killed the top growth so they grew back.
    My needle thing would go down to the roots
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 5,123
    Automated compost turner, digging clay soil robot, electric wheelbarrow for pushing up slopes...actually the last one would be feasible, if they can do it for bikes...
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 4,881
    B3 said:
    I was wondering how long it would need to be held there to kill say a big old dandelion. Actually tests on such a thing might make a good project - different voltages and currents, different lengths of time etc.
  • JennyJ said:
    B3 said:
    I was wondering how long it would need to be held there to kill say a big old dandelion. Actually tests on such a thing might make a good project - different voltages and currents, different lengths of time etc.

It would!  That's a good idea.  
    I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be grumpy
    When the sun shines out your bum!