Autumn clings on ....

Even though icy weather is predicted soon, I was really cheered to see my 'free' sunflowers  (from the dropped birdseed) coming into flower today. Something cheerful to share with everyone 

• Red mapleRed maple Posts: 164
    Lovely and cheerful, aren't they? Thank you for posting, Jules41.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,877
    Don’t know about autumn, some of my perennials think it’s spring and are regrowing from the base (Heleniums, salvias, agastache) and spring crocuses are already up!
  • MarlorenaMarlorena East AngliaPosts: 2,803
    ..still lots of nice roses... all Austin's

• RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185
    Jules that's made me smile, looks like you have a few coming along, sunflowers are always so cheerful no matter what size?
    Marlorena , i can smell them from here.
  • Marlorena said:
    ..still lots of nice roses... all Austin's

Oh Marlorena, it is such a beautiful bouquet. Perfect for autumn.

I have just bought rose ''Warm Wishes'' - allegedly very scented and I love the colour on it.

It is in a pot, just four naked stems sticking out. Shall I plant it out now or shall I wait until spring?

Have you made any experience with this particular rose - how do you like it?

Many thanks :)

Thanks so much...  @Big Blue Sky … I'm sorry I don't have 'Warm Wishes' and never grown it, but people I know that do, say it's very fragrant but it needs the fullest sun, so not a rose for part shade from what I gather.. 

A friend of mine grows one called 'New Zealand' and recommends it to me, also very fragrant and a great rose of this type, so I might have to add that one to my collection...
  • Thank you @Marlorena Good to know, I was already wondering what would be the best position for the plant. I shall find a sunny spot for it :)
    Do show us photos next summer if still posting here... I should like to see this rose in a garden setting...  I do hope it does well for you.. I have about a dozen roses on order from various vendors, so I'm waiting to receive these as I stop gardening for the winter by December..

..best of luck with your new roses... how exciting ..
    @Jules41   I should add, sorry to have diverted your thread there...  and what a lovely Sunflower at this time of year, and from bird seed too... I hope you get plenty more..
  • Jules41Jules41 Posts: 178
    @marlorena No need for an apology!